AC Delco / Delphi fuel pump #'s? - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-02-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

AC Delco / Delphi fuel pump #'s?

Looking to replace my fuel pump soon, but looking around the 'net I'm seeing several different numbers for both Delphi and ACDelco, claiming to be "exact fit", "OEM". For example, FG0069 and FG0070 for Delphi, and a whole bunch of MU175x's for AC Delco. I can't see any difference, such as flex-fuel or parts that aren't in one set vs. the others.

Has anyone bought one recently? What number? I have a late-'98 VIN 4 engine. TIA!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-03-2019, 02:28 AM

Haven't bought one lately but I heard ac delco bought Delphi back awhile ago so its probably the same quality cross check part #s. Check rock auto, the best way to make sure you're getting the correct part is to call you local Chevy dealership parts # with the last 8 of your vin so you can confirm you're getting the correct part for the truck a lot of times under part types for make model of vehicles listed at Auto Parts suppliers the parts might look similar but they're actually not going to fit your truck sometimes . That's in the same thing that says OEM Direct Fit and it's the wrong part because of variations in trucks. Or you can go to the parts manufacturers website and some of them have a look up by your VIN like gmpartsdirect is one of them for example.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-03-2019, 07:10 AM

Re: AC Delco / Delphi fuel pump #'s?

DELPHI FG0069 or ACDELCO MU1756 are the only numbers that I saw listed on Rockauto for a vin4 1998 s10 pickup.
Where were you finding different numbers? The Delphi FG0070 is for a 97+ 4.3 V6, not your Tutu.
I'm sure if you are looking at these you are aware that GM upgraded the electrical connector on these and a new one comes with either pump.
They include some crimp butt connectors. Throw the but connectors away as they are not weather tight and shouldn't be used on a connection under the vehicle. Solder the connections and wrap in marine grade shrink wrap. The kind that has sealant inside that melts and fills any gaps when you heat it during installation. That method is weather tight. If you want to OCD it use 2 layers of shrink wrap. The inner just slightly longer than the exposed wire and then a second layer about 1- 1-1/2" longer over top of the first to double seal it.
Some folks are confused by the orange wire on the new connector. It connects to the orange/black sensor ground on the original wiring. The other 3, just match the colors.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-03-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Where I was seeing a discrepancy was between Rock Auto, AutoZone, and Advance Auto. I'll check with gmdirect, good idea.

In a search on here, the ACDelco number someone recommended was a MU1754, which is different than what Rock Auto is showing.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-03-2019, 12:27 PM
B4U Task Force

I've had better luck with the Delphi units. The gas gauge is very responsive to vehicle movement.

U.S.C.G. "Making sure the Navy doesn't get lost since 1790"

Apple Red 96 SS
post #6 of 10 Old 03-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Post Whore

Delphi all the way. I've found with a lot of units from the dealership, they do not come with the level sensor and the cost goes up after purchasing that also.

1997 SS---Built and Blown... almost

My build thread... https://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/pr...ecs-ss-513887/
post #7 of 10 Old 04-14-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

So I was checking out the situation, trying to decide between tipping the bed up, and dropping the tank. When I got underneath, I saw that the hose clamps on the filler hose and the vent hose to the filler tube are both worm-gear clamps. I assume GM would have used those single-use crimp-on clamps at the factory? I'm thinking the tank has been out before, for a fuel pump replacement. I've been planning to replace the pump "just because" it has 160K on it, PO's records didn't list a FP replacement. But he also didn't list a timing chain replacement, and I can clearly see where someone had the cover off (RTV all over).

Am I assuming correctly about the clamps?

Also, I see on Youtube where guys simply lift the front of the bed up, with all but the rearmost bolts out, and those loosened. Sure looks like the bottom/front of the bed would hit the cab unless the bed is also slid backwards?
post #8 of 10 Old 04-14-2019, 02:55 PM
94 4x4,01 Blazer

bed flips up just fine- apply heat to bolts- hit with impact or Long Handle socket wrench or pipe and socket wrench- dopping tank a ***** and DO N0T cut the bed.... , ps all bolts out and unbolt filler neck at the gas door- then you can tilt or flip the bed up .

Last edited by Jayhawke; 04-14-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling
post #9 of 10 Old 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawke View Post
bed flips up just fine- apply heat to bolts- hit with impact or Long Handle socket wrench or pipe and socket wrench- dopping tank a bitch and DO N0T cut the bed.... , ps all bolts out and unbolt filler neck at the gas door- then you can tilt or flip the bed up .
So ALL the bolts need to be out? That actually makes more sense, it would allow the bed to move back. Thanks for the reply!
post #10 of 10 Old 04-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Lifelong S-10 Owner

Send a message via MSN to 67Truckin

I took all the bed bolts out and moved the bed back a couple inches. Then put it on some 4x4 blocks for extra room to work under it. Only takes about 30 minutes once the bed is back out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page