2.2 running rough - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered Users

So a few days ago I was on my way to work, after I stopped at the gas station I made it about 20 miles and my truck just started sputtering and not wanting to stay running. My first thought was bad gas probably so I stopped and put gas treatment in it and so 93 octane to maybe boost it up, well that didn’t help, I have good oil pressure and there is no coolant in the oil so I don’t think it’s blew up. It has 219k miles so and it had been awhile since I did a tune up on it so I changed the fuel filter and plugs and wires... no change still Running like **** and getting a lot of gas fumes out the tail pipe, so I thought maybe a coil is bad and it’s not getting good spark and not burning all the fuel so I changed both coils...no change... so I went and got a code reader and hooked it up and it was showing map sensor high voltage p0108 code so maybe the map sensor is bad replaced it.. nothing still running like ****, checked fuel pressure has 55-60 psi and holds pressure after truck is off, pulled all the injectors and checked them they are all working. I’ve done all I know to do seems like something tiny is affecting it, any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-06-2019, 01:09 AM
time to get cereal

Re: 2.2 running rough

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me.

WANTED: 98+ radio delete panel.
Looking for a 94-95 2.2L 5-speed Extended cab, preferably white.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2019, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Registered Users

I checked all my Vacuum lines and I’m not getting any hissing sounds, that I can hear I’ve checked every where i know to look ..idk bout to junk the **** thing lmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page