oil cooler line delete
ok, i finally got around to doing it. this is for 2wd only.
1. remove the lines.
2. remove the filter.
3. use a 10mm allen socket and unscrew the piece that the filter screws to, pic 1
4. use a torx to unscrew the 2 bolts, pic 1
5. knock the adapter off
6. now you have to clean the gasket off. this isn't difficult at all, if you know how to do it. use a long regular screwdriver. Put it up against the gasket and give it a tap with a hammer. move the tip over a little and give it a tap. pieces of the gasket will start to chip away. pic 2. continue until the gasket if off. you probably will have to do a small bit of scrapping around the 2 bolt holes, but not much. also clean the area that the oil filter gasket will touch. then wipe it all off.
7. then screw the threaded piece into the block, pic 3
8. install filter, check oil level, and your done. except for cleanup