S-10 Forum banner

My 98 S-10

2K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  boomnblzr 
#1 ·
Just making a little thread to keep track of what I get done little by little.

Here it is. 98 2.2 5-speed with only 79k miles on the clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you! It was very well taken care of by the older gentleman who had it before me. I personally knew him so I jumped on the truck as soon as I could. LS6 swap in the future but for now I just want to clean it up and cruise it on nice summer days. I am pretty much in the middle of Pittsburgh & Erie.

#4 ·
Found some seats from a 2000ish? Blazer. Leather/power/lumbar/heat. Also got the center console with the seats. I will need to cut out a portion to fit my shifter. I found out I will also need to drill holes in the floor to bolt down the rear of the console.

60/40 taken out & interior cleaned up

#5 ·
Once the seats are done and wired up I am going to:

-save up and drop it 3" in the front and 4" in the back

-get rid of those hideous decals

-SS mirrors

-drive it for a couple of summers while I accumulate parts for an LS6 swap(I already have block/heads/crank)

#9 ·
They certainly are. I picked a couple little pieces off fearing that the red paint underneath would be a different shade. Surprisingly it wasn't. I see a lot of people recommending the eraser wheel to take them off but I've also read a lot of horror stories of it ruining your paint. One day I'll just have to sit down and use some good old elbow grease for 12 hours!

#12 ·
The Blow dryer works great. Just have to be patient and not get too aggressive. I use this all the time on labels and other junk customers stick onto their monitors and whatnot.

Slimbob
I will have to try the fiancé's hair dryer! Do you guys recommend anything in particular to remove any glue left behind? I've heard of guys using wd-40

#14 ·

Pretty slow with working on the truck. It's been sitting in the garage keeping the miles off of it. Started throwing some new parts on. Got the front done, need to start on the rear now.

#18 ·
Did a little searching and it sounds like I'll have to order from Lloyds if I want some decent looking floor mats. Also on the lookout for a nice tonneau cover. Some of the buttons are busted on mine and I hate seeing the arches under the vinyl.

#22 ·

Installed the mirrors this weekend. They are the Cal Vu SS mirrors made by Street Scene. They make a big difference from factory. I am not too happy with how the trim fits on the truck though. The top corner of the triangle sits on top of the weather stripping and looks out of place. They are much sleeker looking that the factory that look like they belong on a Chevy Express panel van so I will deal with it for now. Also found a different tonneau cover on Craigslist for $40. I think this looks a lot better than all of the buttons that were starting to break.

I must've messed something up when putting the front end back together. There's a little high pitch grinding noise every now and then coming from the drivers side wheel. Maybe the bearing? As soon as I figure that out it will be time for an alignment & inspection. Just in time to put it away pretty soon for winter haha

#24 ·
Take that front wheel and rotor back off and look for rubbing on the backing plate. With the mirrors you can shave the mounting plate a tiny bit where it lays on top of the weatherstripping. Same with the weatherstripping, you can shave it down a little with an xacto knife so that the plates sit a little more flush.

#27 ·
Nice. I gotta 98 myself, v6 4.3, and noticed yours didn't come with side moldings like mine did. So I removed mine and the wheel well trim and looks better imo. Wish I could lower mine a little. I met a guy in person who owns a s10 also and suggested 2/3 drop. Unfortunately, I don't have the 1k for a drop kit.

#31 ·
2 inch dropped spindles for the front with new bearings, and shocks are $150 on Ebay. 3 inch rear drop springs are $119.50, I don't know where you are looking, but that is what I found after 30 seconds of looking.

#34 ·
You guys have lowering experience, help a guy out. Tell me what I need. I have a 1998 s10 ext cab 4.3 V6, and would like a 2/3 drop. Maybe next year. My goal is completely level. Don't like the rear higher than the front crap. Just to lower it a little bit, but not too much...wanna be able to go over a speed bump lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.