S-10 Forum banner

Tubular upper control arm bushing question

871 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  xrayzone 
#1 ·
So I just picked up a bagged 98 Sonoma. I noticed that the passenger side upper control arms were simply destoyed and gone. I pulled the upper control arms off and noticed that the bushings weren't standard press fit ones with a metal outer jacket. I can't seem to find out who makes these arms and I will try to get a pic later but I will try to describe them. They have/had a hammered metal finish, a flat bar cross support between the tubes, and greese fittings above each arm bushing. Again like i said, only rubber pieces fell out and there is only an inner "race" and no outer press fitted race. Anyone know where I can buy new bushings that don't have a metal outside for these?

#6 ·
Gotcha, when I bought my sonoma from the previous buyer, for some reason they put rubber bushings in there which completely blew out so the only ones i have to get sizes from is the driver side arms which i heard are harder to get to.

Thanks V8Blaze, I will have to talk to Jason if it comes down to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.