S-10 Forum banner

Project Nightmare Dressed like a daydream

85K views 2K replies 76 participants last post by  Back_N_Black 
#1 ·
In December i picked up a 2002 Xtreme blazer for 3,000. 151,000 miles with a 2/3 drop runs excellent but the ride is a bit rough. Its not the nicest but I needed a daily bad so i picked it up. Told the girlfriend i would just slap the Coys on it and be done with it. We all know how that works out :haha:

So now I'm going to rebuild the front suspension and steering, its getting a new drop with coilovers, c5 front brakes, new backing plates for the rearend because they were shot, and probably a few other things. Started the tear down Wednesday night, I sand blasted and cleaned up some stuff yesterday. I gotta work today but tomorrow I'm going to start putting everything back together. I have to have it done by Tuesday to get aligned since its my daily so this will probably move pretty quick.

Heres some pictures and quick history of the blazer.

The day I picked it up.

Swapped coys on and got rid of the tacky headlights etc

Installed HIDS

Finally got it cleaned

Installed my red leather seats I had sitting around

Picked up a front filler plate on the cheap for a factory GM

Then it got hit at work

But still drove it through all the snow we got this winter

Finally the suspension goodness

The teardown

Found some scary stuff, el cheapo blocks with a missing pin

Missing/Broke bolt on the bearing

buh bye suspension

Ill get some more pics tonight and tomorrow when we really get some work done.

See less See more
#6 ·
I knew you were pistachio dude on IG with them seats. lol. I like it man. Gonna be a nice suspension setup in the front. I eventually want to go with the same lower CA and coilovers. Spohn makes a great product. People suck at driving. Seems like everyone got hit this winter.

#7 ·
@ heeter_33 yessir I love some tay swizzle. I had wanted an xtreme blazer ever since I saw trilogy redoing his back in 08 or so.

@Vinnysmini yes it will be notched in the back. Purplepassion lives right down the street from me and were going to do a 6" pipe notch in the back instead of going the suicide doors route. At the moment its only going to be about a 5" drop in the back though since I haven't sprung for the belltech leafs yet. Might put some birthday money towards it this summer.

@Nevurmind Thanks man!

@Fackinsteve Yea I got like 600$ for the wheels, headlights/corners and taillights lol. Sometimes its good to have stuff just laying around. I ordered the same coilovers (500lb economy qa1's) as Tommy so it should sit pretty decent or at least I hope so (crossing fingers).

@Brutalityislaw The seats were a left over from my abandoned body drop project and I know I wasn't going to get what I wanted out of the seats so I just hung on to them. They will look great with the interior once the rest of the interior is dyed and the truck is painted the color I want it.

thanks for all the good words guys, I got a text that my missing bolt showed up from belltech this morning, They overnighted me two extra bearing bolts so I could get this bitch back on the road asap. Omw home now going to spray some a final layer of paint on the sand blasted items and then start re-assembly tomorrow.

#10 ·
@tytotheler I actually have a different idea for the interior :)

Alright updates. For those that dont follow me on instagram

Pictures of the stuff I sandblasted and painted.

Got my new bolts installed that Belltech overnighted to me

Front end is back together, minus the front sway bar and the steering components. Just need to tighten a few things

c5 brakes

In a perfect world I will get everything done thats left tomorrow so tuesday I spend some time cleaning wheels and some stuff and polishing the lips on my wheels.

#12 ·
Yea blazers are nice i almost switched to one last year, mostly to get rid of the slow 2.2.
Those parts look freat. Love it when people take the time to be so detailed. Wish I had a big enough garage to tear my truck apart and redo everything.

#15 ·
@tytotheler92 Yea I love xtreme blazers. Im glad I bought this one, but I never should've sold my Xtreme S10. I miss it everyday.

@Nevurmind Ha I wish this was my garage im still using my dads lol

@84blaze Youll love it, I haven't driven on mine yet but man the rotors are huge compared to stock. Plus it looks so nice tucked behind my coys.

@BrutalityisLaw Thanks man! Ive been following yours, that shit looks clean. I wish I had a daily so I could tear into my blazer like your doing your s10. But then id never get married haha

Well guys its Wednesday so I missed my deadline. All that is left is install a new center link (the brand new one I purchased was junk), grease the front end, bleed brakes and fill the rearend with gear oil.

Wouldve been done yesterday but I ran into a problem. When I went to install the rear brakes the caliper bracket was sitting on the rotor. It was fine when the bolts were hand tightened but as soon as I hit it with a wrench the bracket twisted into the rotor. Im thinking that the actual rear bracket (behind the dust shield) is warped because I measured everything and the rear bolt hole was off 1/4". Anyways temporary fix, I machined 1/4" off the caliper bracket to center the bracket between the rotors. Now no brake drag or anything. Ill be installing a new caliper plate once I get one in from the dealer and flip my caliper when I do my notch.

Took some pics but nothing special. Just new Belltech Street Performance shocks, Belltech rear sway, rear brakes etc. Everything should be done early tomorrow before I head to work so Im going to work on polishing/cleaning the lips on my wheels. Friday will be the first day ill be able to drop it off for an alignment.

#17 ·
pfft ill post some tonight when im in the garage. Im so ready to get this thing back on the ground and see how it rides and drives. Aiming for a 5/5 drop until I get my notch in, then hopefully 5/6 or 5/7.

#18 ·
random pictures.

First couple pictures are a little project the girlfriend was working on. She loves to sand blast and paint things and i forgot to do my end links so i passed the job to her.

Before

during

paint

final assembly

rear brakes - already thinking of upgrading to z51's with a c5 caliper in the rear :( this shit never ends

front end from underneath - shitty picture i know. Will be cleaning it up and undercoating it this summer.

Cleaned my interior so its not filthy for the alignment. Id hate for someone to think I dont take care of my shit. Look at my shifter yo, its custom.

Was planning on painting the front sway bar to match the rear but its in such good shape I just cleaned it.

Obligatory comparison pictures

my new jtr blocks and tranny alignment shit

Potato quality picture but the Gf bought me some SS mirrors for Valentines Day so i slapped those bitches on and fixed my broken door panel

And a little side project Im working on. Red dash with pioneer double din, billet steering wheel and billet oh poop handle.

#23 ·
@brutalityislaw - Thank ya sir!

@Psychosid - I picked it up used on the forum yearssssss ago. Its from Kaik and they arnt around anymore. The blazer just has rear blocks and the Z87 leafs. 1.5" leafs + 3" block + 3/8" set back plate = 4 7/8" of drop. Ill just round up to 5" lol

@Fackinsteve - Thanks man but dont worry the dash is temporary :). The dash in it right now is going to be pulled so i can dye it black, along with the rest of the interior. Similar to what tommy did on his truck. Im going to try and cover my door panels myself

#24 ·
Np. Tommy painted his interior though, not dye. Ive seen it and it looks good. I just worry about longevity of it which is why i havent done mine to black. My truck will be a daily not a weekend warrior so its harder to keep painted interior from getting messed up. I kind of like the red, it really pops.

#25 ·
I like the red. But I don't love it, or at least idt I do. Maybe when its in it'll look good but for right now its only until I can do by current dash in black.

What did tommy use? I'm using SEM dye in a can at the moment and with proper technique and adhesion promoter it will stick fine.

#30 ·
I wanna say they are 4.5" bs.

By the way check out billet and acrylic they make some billet stuff for our trucks and im pretty sure they have the defrost vent.

#29 ·
THIS.

Ive used SEM on all interior I have sprayed. Ill have to try the trim black though that's interesting. I know on soft interior pieces like the dash etc. I hit it with some fast orange before I start prepping it to get all the extra armor all etc out of it. By the time im done doing that I hit it with a hose to get rid of the fast orange and it has a nice scuff on it and its dry as a bone (think about how fast orange removes the natural oils etc from your hands). Then I hit it with SEM adhesion promoter and spray. Always comes out looking better than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.