S-10 Forum banner

Project: Not a project car. Just a Project.

12K views 182 replies 23 participants last post by  manbearpig 
#1 ·
Alright, it's mostly my sisters...

But yeah, bought this from a members dad (Stewzer) and had it towed via Stewzers dad's AAA membership.

It's in really good condition, it just needs some rear end pulling, bumper cover, and trunk lid. It won't be perfect, but has a ton of new parts, very nice interior, and new Toyo Extensa Tires.

In the garage...

And the damage:

$500 bucks later...I got myself another random large GM car I've wanted for a long time.

Woot! Project time!

See less See more
#13 ·
Re: Bought me a H-body!

I'm not sure how keen you are on bodywork but it shouldn't be too hard to get it straight enough to be able to slap a tail light, bumper, and deck lid on it. It doesn't have to be pretty. I hope it was cheap. lol Plus, like scuffy said, it's automatically worth a little more because of the stewvenance it posesses.

#19 ·

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9X4WTPQnY&feature=youtu.be

Runs pretty well if I do say so myself. This is on old gas.

Oil pressure light came on AFTER I bought it....

Made me extremly nervous about this whole thing.

Come to find out its very common.

Light stays on all the time, does not go off no mater the rev.

So I need to get a oil pressure sender sensor. Which is quite easy to replace on these.

#22 ·

I thought it might be a monza or vega, kinda the daddy of S truck hot rods. Had one of each of those.

#23 ·

^Yeah, I'm disappointed in my purchase also. :haha:

My excitement has died down. This thing is sorta a POS and Stews dad was lucky it got totaled when it did. Almost every steel line in this thing? Rotted. Mice chewed though some wiring, including the wiring for Bank 2, Sensor 1 O2, among other things. These cars are good for one thing: Driving in boat like comfort. **** working on them, they're not worth it. I'm actually pissed at it and I never get pissed at cars I like....

If this were an LSS I might change my tune, but I digress.

ANYWAYS, Some good news came out of today.

Oil Pressure light was a fluke. The sending unit/switch was bad. $10 dollar delco part. cheap enough.

Around 68 startup, 55 warm idle, 65 rev. Not bad! Actually, pretty ****ing awesome. The 3800s ask for around 40-50 warm idle. Mind you, those numbers are while in gear at idle, so mine are slightly higher.

Oh, and thanks stupid mouse.

Easy fix though. Soldering iron and heatshrink.

#25 ·

I don't think its required to jack up the engine or remove a motor mount. I never have but who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.