S-10 Forum banner

The Bought Blazer

28K views 291 replies 53 participants last post by  dagreenmonster 
#1 ·
Im sure everyone here knows of this blazer. The E-bay blazer, Brian's Blazer, Jason's Blazer. 4th times the charm i guess. A lot of good work has gone into this truck. Im really happy to own it and look forward to owning it a few years..then will sell it. Jason was really awesome with putting up with my bs for a few weeks until it was picked up. I purchased it sight unseen knowing that there could be some flaws with it. This is the first time ive ever bought a "built" truck. I have built quite a few of my own...back before the whole truck forums came about. Flame all you want about buying a bought truck...Im hoping to finally get this thing close to be finished....as im sure it will never be finished like most trucks. Here are a few pictures the day it was delivered. Sorry for the blurrrrr

So far i have got a steering column cover to fit, installed the rear interior trim, installed a billet grill, and mocked up a Grant Kustoms roll pan.

Plans are to swap out the Bravada front bumper to a 2000 GMC bumper cover, shave the antenna (will never know why this was not shaved from the beginning), fix the rub marks on the fenders & quarters, and repaint the entire truck using the same viper red. After that i will focus lying down new carpet, re-covering & re-mounting the seats. I would also like to sell or trade the billets.

Few pics today after removing the front cover (for sale) and the hitch balls....

Im hoping to have it somewhat done by Slamology.

See less See more
#10 ·
Cool. I hope to see it at Slamology. I saw it at ITB a million years ago when Brian came from New Jersey with it.

What's up with the billets? What brand/model and size? Any idea what you want for them, or what you're looking for in trade?

Edit: Reading is fundamental.

#14 ·
Few updates..

Bumper cover came in. Got it fitted up today. Need to drill a few holes in the bumper reinforcement to secure the inner bumper tabs. Im gonna leave the textured bottom portion black & only paint the smooth part. Also got new rear bumper side extensions since they are shaved along the bottom from dragging.

Im glad i didnt cut the grill out. Im thinking the grill will look better factory than having the billet insert. Just not feeling it anymore.

Also hooked up the PS3 for the kiddo's. Got a wireless hotspot to go along with it... DOOO YOU SMMMMEEEEELLLLLL...lol

#17 ·
Nice truck,what part of jersey did it come from?I have built a few trucks in the past and I used to look down on people that buy trucks done.Most times though it was when people used to try and pass something off like they did it themselves.Now as I'm older I see it differently especially when credit is given where due.You just got a prepped canvas this time instead of a blank slate ;)

#19 ·
i like the sonoma bumper better and once you paint it, it might make the billet grill look better. ive always liked the billets in gmc grills. do they make a billet grill insert that is more flush instead of recessed? the "little shop" spike truck/ ol' crispy has something like im talking about.
spike truck :drool: That is where my love for coy's came from back in the day. Yea...i would love to find a grill like that one. Im glad i bought the bolt in style that way i can take it out when i get tired of it.

Picked up this center console today at Pic-a-part for $10. I might just shave the arm rest lid since it was rapped from it. Im gonna shave the cd holder & coin holder anyways.

#28 ·
Final mockup of rear bumper & new extensions before paint.

Playing around with switch placement on the console. Not sure if im going to keep it this way. The switches are not exactly straight so if i keep it, i will need to make another plate. Armrest lid should hopefully be here this week.

I had to trim about 2 inchs off the bottom for it to sit somewhat straight. The trans tunnel is pretty tall. I think it sits pretty good. Might have to trim is some more when the lid comes.

#29 ·
that nice stan, but where u going to put the plate? i was looking at something like that for my blazer, but i wanted to go with the flush look of the trucks in the rear...

#30 ·
I plan on fabbing up a removeable bracket that will bolt to the frame from underneath and contour outside along the left side of the rear bumper. Ive got a lighted billet license plate frame that should work perfect. Or i could just throw it in the back window and call it a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.