S-10 Forum banner

How to install Cavalier/Sunfire seats

38K views 76 replies 55 participants last post by  Dmills313 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I don't think cavalier headrests are removable... just sunfires are. Sunfires have the typical pontiac headrests

#7 ·
Xtreme610 said:
I don't think cavalier headrests are removable... just sunfires are. Sunfires have the typical pontiac headrests
mine came out easy....

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238616&highlight=headrest

post 17...
me said:
personally cut the hell outta the headrest, so i could pull it off, cause between my fat hands, and the headrest being in the way i couldn't work them off, but down those shafts, in the top of the seat, if you look down, theres a couple of v-notches, and you'll see....i think it was a tiny white rod, that basically locked into the notches, and kept the shaft in the back of the seat so they don't come out of hte top, i just pryed the white rod out of the way with a tiny screwdriver, and pulled the headrest shaft out, on both sides, and voila.

#12 ·
He man awesome write up. I just picked up a seat from the local junkyard for 75 for the pair and it took me about 3 hrs to do. They look great and are about 5" shorter than the stocker. Couldn't have done it or even thought of it with out your help.

#18 ·
btw make sure ur drilling ur holes on the correct section of the seat cause if u do it like i did being the idiot that i am u cant get the nuts back on the bolts of the tracks... i ended up just welding the tracks on along with the bolts as far on as icould crank um

G
#19 ·
I have a 2000 noma with 60/40 front seats in an extended cab. I turned the drivers side seat into a bucket seat pretty easily. Looks great and u cant even tell it was modified. Anyone want photos or any help let me know.

#21 ·
Anyone who has cavy seats or sunfire seats in their truck, could you give me a rough guess as to how much space is between the two seats? Cause this summer I wanna pick up a pair and build a center console. Just want to know some rough dimensions and if my idea is gonna work. Thanks alot guys!!

#22 ·
How in the world do you detach the star bolt on the inner rear of the passenger seat bracket holding it to the floor? Is there a nut under the truck you have to turn or something? I even took a breaker bar to it and nothing. Im thinking of drilling through it and installing a new bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.