Michigan people can i get a little help? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Michigan people can i get a little help?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Regional & Club Forums > Across the Nation > Midwest
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
Purple Member

User is: OffLine
Michigan people can i get a little help?

Hey guys, short and simple i have been looking/ talking to people all around me concernin PRESCRIPTION TINT and where i can get a prescription in MI, i don't care where it is, if you know anyone who has one and you can ask them how/where they got it or know someone that might hook me up i would be forever indebted to you. Any information, I don't care if i have to pay for an eye exam if it ends up in me gettin a prescription it is all good. Thanks fellas.

Ty
Old 05-06-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
In a matter of time...

Re: Michigan people can i get a little help?

i wouldn't even worry about it. ive been pulled over twice and never been hassled about the tint. i spend half the year on the east side of the state, and the other half on the west. never been a problem in 2 years.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
Purple Member

Well yea i know people that go both ways, my friend just got pulled over last week, a week after he got his put on and he had to remove it. What % do you have? That might be it i dunno but i have heard of a bucnh people around here getting pulled over for it, and i don't wanna throw away $120.

Ty
Old 05-06-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
In a matter of time...

5 in the rear, and ext cab, 20 on the drivers and pass. side.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #5

Go to a cheap eyeglass shop, and there is no form In Indiana they just put it on your perscription sheet (reciept), the best way to explain it to the doc is that you weld or work with computers, these jobs for some reason give light sensitivity. But ask up front, no reason to pay for the exam if the doc's gonna be a problem.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:27 PM   #6
Purple Member

Yea i figured i would walk in with sunglasses and squint a lot lol, i am trying to see if my regular eye appointment is coming up soon. Question tho, it doesn't seem like even if you complained about the sun that they would offer something like that, do you think they would ever suggest it without you bringing it up?

Ty
Old 05-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #7

My dad checked into this because the light really does bother him. He did get a perscription for it from his eye doctor BUT the Dr told him that EVERY vehicle he drove had to have tint. If he ever got pulled over driving a vehicle WITHOUT tint they could give him a ticket and take away his perscription for having it. He thought it was too much of a hassle and didn't bother. He had about 35 or 40% light blocking tint on his Dakota and never got pulled over. I guess cops don't hassle old guys for tint. I got nailed twice for having 35% on my S10 and one time the cop went out of his way to pull over and let about 5 cars in front of me go by him so he could get behind me and pull me over for it. Not going to mess with it again. I'll just move to a state where it's legal(like Indiana or Arizona)
Old 05-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #8
In a matter of time...

i am going to have to call BS because how would the cop know if you have a prescription or not if you were to be driving a car without tint?

If you HAVE the prescription, AND have the tint, then when you are pulled over, and questioned about it, you present the peice of paper that says you have the rx.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #9
Subsonic Kustomz!

the only way i could see that you had to have it on all vehicles would be if it was something that was put on the back of a license, like corrective lenses or motorcycle endorsement.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #10

I believe he had to take the perscription to the Secretary of State to get something put on his license to make it legal. The perscription alone wasn't enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.