G-boro, Winston, HP Meet - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

G-boro, Winston, HP Meet

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Regional & Club Forums > Across the Nation > Southeast
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
Too damn old for this sh*

User is: OffLine
G-boro, Winston, HP Meet

Seems like we got a buncha new peeps.... might be a good time to meet em. Now, it's short notice so we gotta get a plan together quick. Since the folks are still gone, partyin at my house is always an option if enough people will show. Still got that big ass wood pile to burn down... big fire and kerosene !

Grub and cruise/hang? If so, where? High Peezy is always good for crusin on a Fri or Sat night. Could shoot some pool at sharky's? G-boro just isn't popin... I mean it has to be the dullest city in the state... UNCG has a good party every now and then, but I haven't heard of any for this weekend.

Toss out some ideas biatches.... let' get this thing rollin'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM   #2
Rollin on Black 18s

Re: G-boro, Winston, HP Meet

Cook Out on Main St. in HP is open really late, might even be 24 hours. You can park your car there as long as you have eaten there that night. What about all of us meeting up at like 8 for a late dinner and that way we would rule Cook Out for the night. We could plan this one out for a little longer, both so it gets warmer and so people have more time to set aside a friday night for cruising. The plus to this is that we would have a place to park all night so if you want to you dont even have to drive while we are there.

March 5th might be a good date... but if you guys need more time it's ok. I will not be free on the 12th because it is my sisters Bday... might still be able to do this if everyone else is open on that day though.

Drew
Old 02-17-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
no more S10

If we're gonna meet this weekend (so long as we're not snowed in) I'm down. I've gotta work Friday night and Saturday till 3, but I can probably get outta work on Friday.
Crusing High Point is cool with me, and I'm always down for a Hooters meet.

You think we really otta break this off into a seperate thred? You know... just dont wanna loose anybody. We could always keep this on the NC Meet thread...
Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 AM   #4
General L33

i'm down w/ whatever. justin, watch the news, greensboro has been renamed.. it's greensBORING!!

I'll bring my dyno sheets from thursday, CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:35 PM   #5
I'm nuts about bolts.....

i'm down for whatever....no plans all weekend since the beach got canceled. HIgh-point is cool with me but I like the sound of Justin's House again this weekend. At least we have somewhere warm to go inside to and the bonfire sounds like a sweet idea. Plus we got a nice little place to do burnouts!!!! We could always cruise HP for a while and then head to his house. Not but like a 20 min drive from HP to there. Just a suggestion!

Counting me that makes 5!! Lets get'em rollin!!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:22 PM   #6

I am down for this weekend never been to HP though so if there is anybody from raleigh going maybe i could meet with one of yall and follower someone up if thats cool.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:36 PM   #7

Quote: Originally Posted by 03s10xtreme
I am down for this weekend never been to HP though so if there is anybody from raleigh going maybe i could meet with one of yall and follower someone up if thats cool.

You gotta tell someone from raleigh to go....don't ask 'em. lol

Just kidding....we would like to see some new faces out definately. Hope to see as many of you guys as possible!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:08 PM   #8
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......

im game..
Old 02-17-2004, 09:59 PM   #9

Friday would be cool with me. Its supposed to be sunny and 62 Friday
Old 02-17-2004, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote: Originally Posted by sidearmbandit
You gotta tell someone from raleigh to go....don't ask 'em. lol

Just kidding....we would like to see some new faces out definately. Hope to see as many of you guys as possible!
Well even if nobody from Raleigh comes i am still going.

It would be nice to see alot of people though sence it is my first meet!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:09 PM   #11

I also got a new digital Cam corder so we should make a cool video
Old 02-18-2004, 12:22 AM   #12
no more S10

Hey I'm up for whenever... Just need to know by tomorrow so I can get outta work Friday. Talked to Jeff and he said something about working on my engine when we have this meet. WXII is saying 62 on Friday and 58 on Saturday, but there's a 30 or 40% chance of rain Saturday.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:05 AM   #13
Street Cruiser

hey guys, this weekend won't work for me... Gotta work.... Next weekend would probably work for me, but, won't be able to get out of it this weekend... Oh well... I guess we will see what happends...
Old 02-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #14
General L33

anybody meeting up fri or sat night this weekend? I'd vote on saturday if we had a choice, i'd meet up friday as well, but wouldn't have time to clean the truck up or anything, saturday would be more laid back.

Justin, you going to light up that bon fire? there has to be a better count to throw a house party, it was cool last time, but more people would have been a better time. I got to go home tonight and get my truck ready for tomorrow.. besides fix my fockin garage door opener, door was frozen to the ground stripped out the gears in the opener but hopefully that will be a quick fix and I can get on w/ gettin on. going to try and strap the video camera down to the tripod in the cab, since we'll have some other people show up w/ camcorders for the dyno.

let's get ta planning people!!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:43 AM   #15
no more S10

Yeah, Saturday's better for me too. I get off work at 3 on Saturday and can do anything after that.

crap, teachers comming
Old 02-18-2004, 04:23 PM   #16

Saturday will be better for me as well! Where's all these other people that came out of hiding and want to meet? Let's go people!!! I'm for saturday night at Justins.......Bon fire and some brewskies!!

And yes jeff i will have the camcorder. I say we start early so it will be daylight. That way we can get some decent vids for drew's compilation. Not too early....just before it gets dark and then once the lights go out the bonfire can go up in flames!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #17
General L33

Smile Re: G-boro, Winston, HP Meet

Quote: Originally Posted by sidearmbandit
And yes jeff i will have the camcorder. I say we start early so it will be daylight. That way we can get some decent vids for drew's compilation.
lol, video? who said anything about a video?? hope someone's donating to the rubber fund!
Old 02-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #18

just jumpin on the thread. dont know why all ya'll are gonna do is make me more pissed but whatever

buncha s10 drivin bastards... jk
Old 02-18-2004, 08:22 PM   #19

Sat. works better for me but i can't stay no longer than 7:30.... So what time are yall planning on meeting?
Old 02-18-2004, 08:32 PM   #20

sup guys i know i haven't posted much or gotten to know any of you but i'd like to come out and meet you guys, let me know when you guys plan on doin this i live right down the road from high point off 311.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:37 PM   #21
Rollin on Black 18s

I can do this saturday at justins too... Does anyone have a couple of wheels with ok tread on them that anyone can bolt up to play with? I don't mind doing a burnout, but I will do a longer burnout on someones spare crap tires, hahaha.

Jeff I will be seeing you tomorrow for the dyno... I will plan on getting there a little early because I am not exactly sure where it is. Call me up though if you need to get in touch for any reason.

Drew

BTW... we need to set a time, so guys just post when the earliest you can get there is. I can probably be there anytime but I would think something kinda early would be best if we are filming much... so, maybe 4ish?
Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 PM   #22

Well... how's this sound... meet up in HP or G-boro... grab some grub... then cruise around or whatever.... afterwards... head back to da hizouse for some beer, BS, and maybe play a little pool. I dunno bout the bonfire though.... cause it's supposed to rain off and on Sat.... and I dunno if we'd have enough people to really do a bonfire party up right... that said....

I was thinkin of doin a state wide meet at the house next weekend (28-29), I know the eastern guys are dyin for us to come out their way, but it'll be the last weekend I'll have the house to myself before the folks get back... well until they take off for AZ some time after March

Although, if we have enough peeps this weekend... to hell with that, we'll light it up anyway.... So I guess the remaining question is... Fri or Sat? I'm good for either...
Old 02-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #23

I like Saturday at 4, sounds good to me.....i can be earlier if need be. and Drew, I've got 2 burnout tires i'll let you bolt up.....I got a full set and I"ll run 2 and you can run the other 2

So let's just say meet at Cookout in HP on Saturday around 4?? Rain or shine people!!! Beer is still cold in the rain!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:45 PM   #24

sounds like a plan.... I'm in
Old 02-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #25

Sat. at 4 sounds ok to me now how do i get to cookout from Raleigh? if could meet a little earlier would be alittle better but if not thats cool.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #26

well till I get the new wheels zooped if it rains I am out. Friday is a great weather outlook
Old 02-19-2004, 01:09 AM   #27
bbw

Sup guys, I'm going post this stuff here locally before I put it in the classifieds. I'm putin a 350 in my truck so these parts are going I've got a header and downpipe for a 2.2 and put a 2.3 quad 4 throttle body on it. Have 2.2 motor if anyone needs parts something in bottomend broke but still runs also have auto tranny with corvette servo. Tranny is bad but the servo is still good if anyone wants the servo. Sellin computer and gas tank, fuel pump and all the fuel lines. Have stock guages to doesn't have gear indicator's on guages. Guages read 47k. I'm in Raleigh for the ones who don't remeber.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:54 AM   #28
no more S10

I'm good for Saturday @ 4. Gotta work till 3 so I'll be able to get changed and out to HP in time. I just want to know
1) is anyone comming back to Winston or even HP from Justins that I can follow? and
2) is Jeff comming?! lol

Last edited by NCarolina910; 02-19-2004 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:30 AM   #29

well kids... I'm leavin time and such to j00 fools.... but I wouldn't count on me bein at cook out @ 4... I mean Jebus... are we gonna eat and BS for like 4-5 hours before we cruise? I'm thinkin show up @ 6 or so... crusin dosen't really get goin until 7:30-8 anyway... but that's up to j00s guys....
Old 02-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #30
General L33

I think the 4 was posted cause 03xtreme can't stick around that long. I'll be at cookout around 4-5ish. Bryan, I'll bring all the stuff we talked about, can have it all done in about 20 minutes or so... not including bs'ing and beating justin away from my truck.

From Raleigh, hit 40/85, go through g'boro, merge on to bus-85, get off on main st exit (?) someone help me out there, hang a right to go into town, you'll go by sonic, go through downtown past the GE building, etc, keep on getting it for about 3-4 miles and cook out will be on your right on top of a small hill. COOK OUT
(336) 889-0100
2420 N MAIN ST
HIGH POINT,NC

someone help me out if I have the wrong one, it's right after main st crosses over 68?? there's two listings on main st.

anyway, my cell is 336-516-6308

bubblin inside right now, ran the beast through the laser wash, ready for the dyno!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Hotwire; 02-19-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:24 PM   #31
Rollin on Black 18s

That is the right cookout...

Also if anyone has any trouble finding the place then call my cell phone. I am actually located in HIgh Point about 2 miles from Cook Out, so if needed I can find ya if you are lost or whatever but it really is simple to get there.

If you come from I-85 just take 311/Main St. into Highpoint, away from Archdale. You will stay on Main St. for a little while, like Jeff said you pass through downtown... you will go past Engilsh, Kivett, Montlieu, Eastchester/68 and a bunch of other stop lights on your way to Cook Out, but you are going in the right direction.

Can't wait to see you all, hopefully we will have a couple of new faces in the group saturday. Looks like the plan is to meet at cook out at 4, hang for a few once we have all rolled in, head down to Justin's place and piss off his neighbors for a while, eat some, drink a little if ya want... and once it gets later maybe hit the strip again? Sound right to you guys?

Drew
Old 02-19-2004, 05:03 PM   #32
Rollin on Black 18s

Just got back in from the dyno and the sunny day we are having out there. Jeff pulled off some decent numbers, but his air/fuel mix needs a little bit of fine tuning to get a little more midrange power. I'm not sure if he wanted to post the #s or not.... but I know you guys are dying to know. 274.6 HP at the wheels, 337.x TQ. That factors out to 324 HP and 398 lb/ft TQ at the crank/flywheel. His HP #s seem to be just a little bit low, but dayum.... look at that TORQUE!!!!!! This thing is insane to hear open up like it did... man... I love that sound. Hopefully we will all get to check out the video his brother was doing of it. Catch you guys later.

Drew
Old 02-19-2004, 08:25 PM   #33

I should be there around 4. Git the new wheels on and I hope to get the Zoop seal done tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #34
General L33

yeah if... when I get more fuel to the mid range, should be pretty stout. i always wondered why it would rip your head off on take off, then sorta poop out in the midrange.

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkP...267a534ee&size=
Old 02-19-2004, 09:10 PM   #35

Thanks Hotwire I will be there at 4:00 4:30!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:11 PM   #36
Right On!!!!

Hey here is something I found that you Western guys might be interested in:::What up,

Small Town Concepts from Mt. Airy NC is holding a charity cruz in for a club friend medical costs on Feb. 28. Smooth Impressions will be making our way down there and encourage anyone else in the Greensboro, or Western Va area to try to help out. For more info check their ws at www.smalltownconcepts.com

Thanks
Jon
www.smoothimpressonscc.com

Hey Jeff....MADD ASS TORQUE man...Dyno sheet looks good. Lil more fuel in mid-range should do the trick...What would this in turn do to the top end numbers??? Would they stay true or would they change also???
Old 02-19-2004, 10:40 PM   #37

I'll be there between 4 and 5 just to hang out with whoever will be there. Hell, If i have to i'll kill time at Walmart. :

Or maybe go get some shit I need from advance or something. Hell if not I'd be sittin on my ass at home. Anyway, everyone just show up whenever they wanna show up. Sounds good to me. Time we eat, hang out, take some pics and bullshit, cruising time will be there before we know it.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:10 AM   #38
General L33

well, looking over the datalogs, I figured out that the truck was running in open loop for the 2 runs that he printed out. going to see if he has the first run still available for printout, that one was closed loop and I think I saw 292 on the screen.. reckon he didn't print that one out because it was inconsistant w/ the other 2. dammit.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:09 PM   #39
no more S10

anybody out there? helloooo
Old 02-21-2004, 12:13 AM   #40

Quote: Originally Posted by NCarolinaS10
anybody out there? helloooo

I am not getting emails from S-10forum any more?
Old 02-21-2004, 12:41 AM   #41

i am not getting E-mails anymore either! Anyway how many people do we have for Tomm.. at cookout
Old 02-21-2004, 12:46 AM   #42
NTBSSHEVN

Wow wish I could meet u guys again but 2 hours would kill me. I have school tomorrow too which sucks but its only half day. I am lovin the weather we are having and I even washed my truck today and went cruising. Hope yall have fun and u never know I may end up not having any plans and I may drive out there and show up but I will probly just hangout around where I live.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:11 AM   #43
no more S10

Ok, quick (maybe last minute) head cout

1. NCarolinaS10 (Bryan)
2. Pharacyde (Justin)
3. Hotwire (Jeff)
4. Tuned_In_Kustoms (Drew)
5. 98esten (Jon)
6. sidearmbandit (Brandon)
7. 03s10xtreme and Drew said you might bring a friend?
8. chevync (John) - maybe?
9. BigDaddyB2k3 - maybe?

does that look right? anybody else comming, just add your name to the list
Old 02-21-2004, 11:53 AM   #44

Guess who's goin to see Metallica.... This guy w00t! w00t!
Old 02-21-2004, 03:26 PM   #45
Rollin on Black 18s

This looks like it is going to trun out to be a really good meet. Jason said he has a friend with an S-10 that is SLAMMED coming with him. I will be meeting them at the McDonalds in Kville and rollin in to Cook Out around 4:00-4:15. You guys will probably need to buy a little something from cook out so they won't bitch at us, but they have great food and shakes and its cheap.

Can't wait to see you guys in a little bit. We need to get some pics and video of us all rollin down Main St. in a huge caravan.

Drew
Old 02-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #46

I should be there @ 5-5:30, 6 at the latest... just depends on how quick I can get the rest of the dime, and house cleaned up....
Old 02-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #47
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......

i would go but my damn seats are still wet and laying in the garage..Hope you guys have fun...l8r
Old 02-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #48
General L33

had a good time last night guys, met up w/ a lot of cool people, wish I had pulled over and got a photo of everyone rolling together down the road, something to remember for the next meet I reckon. Might be meeting up w/ John over at Piedmont about 1 today if anybody is sitting around twiddling their fingers. Camera is still out in the truck and i'm on the laptop so I'll post pics later on.

oh, and I'm not getting emails from this site either.. wtf?

Last edited by Hotwire; 02-22-2004 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:59 AM   #49

yeah i had a good time meeting everyone last night too.
hope to meet up again some time!
later!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:16 AM   #50
General L33

Talking Nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as of 6:34 this morning, my 97 just tripped 100,000.

oh well, still kicking 55-60 psi on the oil gauge though.

at work, bored, sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.