ZR2 Dual Exhaust - Who does/sells them? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

ZR2 Dual Exhaust - Who does/sells them?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Exhaust
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
That's Life

User is: OffLine
ZR2 Dual Exhaust - Who does/sells them?

'02 ZR2

I have searched every exhaust company's web site for a dual exhaust rear exit for this truck only to find nothing. I have talked to a mechanic who cannot find a setup. I also went to an exhaust place who could'nt do anything.

I know it is all the same as an Xtreme except that the ZR2 has a rear sway bar that offers the biggest problem that this set up is not easy to get ahold of. I know people have them, I have seen them. So the question is, where exactly do I get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
Mmmm Tire smoke.

Re: ZR2 Dual Exhaust - Who does/sells them?

Go to a different exhaust shop, they should be able to weld in a single in dual outlet muffler without to much trouble. It'll save you money too. I've got $165 in my exhaust. That included the tailpipes and all the piping.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
Resident Hardhead

the same as the extreme?!? the zr2 is lifted like two inches the xtreme is lowered 2 inches uh ok
Old 05-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Mmmm Tire smoke.

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackStallion
the same as the extreme?!? the zr2 is lifted like two inches the xtreme is lowered 2 inches uh ok
Maybe she meant ZQ8
Old 05-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
That's Life

Same as the Xtreme as in; gas tank placement, bed length, catalytic converter placement, muffler placement.The ZR2 and the Xtreme are quite different in the sense of ride hiegth along with other differences, but we're talking exhaust here. uh ok
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
Gaaoooooo

Uh ok but an xtreme also has a rear sway bar, there should never be an issue with running dual tailpipes on a ZR2 really, any real muffler shop will be able to bend it up.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
THE SDIME98

Quote: Originally Posted by MINTSICK
Uh ok but an xtreme also has a rear sway bar, there should never be an issue with running dual tailpipes on a ZR2 really, any real muffler shop will be able to bend it up.
thats word.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
"Something cool here"

Quote: Originally Posted by MINTSICK
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
That's Life

In lieu of that both trucks have sway bars but they're in different places. I'm not too impressed by the fact that people would rather insult my intelligence rather than help me out. If I knew everything there was about trucks I wouldn't need to post or surf this forum but I don't so I did...so thanks indigo s10 for the only tangible post
Old 05-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #10

There is no bolt on kit but if you even go to a local Midas or Meineke they can do a custom dual exit exhaust on your truck. Prefabbed kits are over priced.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #11
Xtremely Unique Mod

keep it clean and only post something if you have a reasonable idea or know of something. stupid comments are not needed.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
Gaaoooooo

Where is the stupid comment at and why are you only backing this person up because its a female? She said "know it is all the same as an Xtreme except that the ZR2 has a rear sway bar that offers the biggest problem that this set up is not easy to get ahold of." which is incorrect information. I fail to see a stupid comment here, putting dual outlet exhaust on a zr2 is probably one of the most simple things to have done due to the amount of room between the axle and bed, etc.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
Xtremely Unique Mod

its the attiude you add to your comment and no im not defending her because shes a girl, a complaint was made and we are here to take care of it.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #14
Gaaoooooo

Quote: Originally Posted by Hucko
its the attiude you add to your comment and no im not defending her because shes a girl, a complaint was made and we are here to take care of it.
Ok well I'd still love to know where this attitude comes in, I made a simple correction.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:43 AM   #15

Quote: Originally Posted by Dan Plante
There is no bolt on kit but if you even go to a local Midas or Meineke they can do a custom dual exit exhaust on your truck. Prefabbed kits are over priced.
Never take anything to MIDAS.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #16

The Midas out here in New England is perfectly fine. They weld the entire exhaust together. I have seen them do a job as good as a custom exhaust shop.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #17
That's Life

Hmm, that's where it's being taken saturday so we'll see how it goes, thanks for the posts guys
Old 05-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #18
Mmmm Tire smoke.

What kind of muffler did you decide on? Since your taking it to Midas, are you going with a Ravin, or something else?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #19

Quote: Originally Posted by Dan Plante
The Midas out here in New England is perfectly fine. They weld the entire exhaust together. I have seen them do a job as good as a custom exhaust shop.
Idunno, I've heard a lot of bad things about them from various parts of the country, and have witness their shlt in person too. the main complaint is that they overcharge way too much and they feed BS to gullible people in order to make them think those prices are right.

Haven't you heard the logo:

Man,
I'm
Dumb
As
Shlt
Old 05-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #20
That's Life

Quote: Originally Posted by indigo s10
What kind of muffler did you decide on? Since your taking it to Midas, are you going with a Ravin, or something else?
The muffler of choice will probably be a flowmaster 40 series but I doubt Midas will be doing it since I went there with my X and they said around $300-400 as I laughed out the door. My b/f just wants to see what they say since the guys at the local mufflerman shop say it isn't possible to do but we're proposing that they're just a bunch of assclowns who don't feel like putting the mindpower into doing it.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #21
Still 2 High

My dad could do it, he's an excellent exhaust man. You might have to move the spare tire into the bed, but we could do a custom duel exhaust job from the convertor back for under $300 probably.... And it'll sound good, I have a 95 with a 4.3 and 2.5 duels with an Xlerator muffler, its probably one of the best sounding v6's i've ever heard.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #22
That's Life

Hey man, thanks for the offer but he'd need more of a pinpoint on a price cos we looked at it and it would be about $100 in gas to drive down there and back
Old 05-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #23
Resident Hardhead

for dual s any respetable shop shouldnt charge you more than $275 and especially for the zr2 because you have plenty of room underneath to work with
Old 05-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #24
Still 2 High

Quote: Originally Posted by Xtremegurl
Hey man, thanks for the offer but he'd need more of a pinpoint on a price cos we looked at it and it would be about $100 in gas to drive down there and back

$275-$300 installed, that's 2.5" pipe and a duel outlet Xlerator muffler.

Blackstallion--Yeah, after you get rid of the spare tire.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #25
That's Life

He was planning on buying his own muffler...and the spare would def. have to come out?
Old 05-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #26
Mmmm Tire smoke.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xtremegurl
He was planning on buying his own muffler...and the spare would def. have to come out?
I think a good exhaust shop can accomadate the spare. If he's buying his own muffler, it shouldn't be more than around $150-$175 in my opinion.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #27
Molon Labe

If you can't find a shop that will do what you're looking for you could always keep it simple and cheap and go with turndowns. If you supply the muffler they shouldnt charge you over $100 for install, I got mine swapped for $50.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #28
Still 2 High

Quote: Originally Posted by indigo s10
I think a good exhaust shop can accomadate the spare. If he's buying his own muffler, it shouldn't be more than around $150-$175 in my opinion.

You think what you want... Zr2's have an oversized spare. I'm not 100% sure if they have to come out, I know it's really tight back there with the spare tire.

It would still be about $200 if he provided his own muffler, I think our Xlerator is about $60-$70
Old 05-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #29
s-series #2?

local midas said they wont use ANYTHING i bring in.. and then they try to overcharge. and say they fixed sumthing only they dont bother. and then they get grease stains ALL over theseats. blah blah blah. i dont like midas.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #30
no more S10

1) There is no aftermarket "kit" for duals on an S10, period.
2) Any good exhaust shop will be able to run you a custom dual setup. Note I said good, not Midas.
3) If any exhaust shop tells you it is impossible to put duals on an S10, walk away and do not return.
4) If you bring in the muffler yourself you should expect to pay between $100 and $200 for duals.
5) A good thing to do would be ask in the regional section of the forum for reputable exhaust shops in your area. Talk to other forum members and or talk to people you know. Find out what shops are good, who to trust, who not to trust, and even who to ask for at certain shops. This is what I did and I couldn't be happier. If I have to have work done by others I like to see their previous jobs on other vehicles or at least, if nothing else, hear from people that I trust that they do good work.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:41 PM   #31
Mmmm Tire smoke.

Quote: Originally Posted by NCarolinaS10
1) There is no aftermarket "kit" for duals on an S10, period.
2) Any good exhaust shop will be able to run you a custom dual setup. Note I said good, not Midas.
3) If any exhaust shop tells you it is impossible to put duals on an S10, walk away and do not return.
4) If you bring in the muffler yourself you should expect to pay between $100 and $200 for duals.
5) A good thing to do would be ask in the regional section of the forum for reputable exhaust shops in your area. Talk to other forum members and or talk to people you know. Find out what shops are good, who to trust, who not to trust, and even who to ask for at certain shops. This is what I did and I couldn't be happier. If I have to have work done by others I like to see their previous jobs on other vehicles or at least, if nothing else, hear from people that I trust that they do good work.
I agree with everything you said, except number 1. I know this won't work for her application, and it's expensive but http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...012865/c-10614 beyond that, I think she should shop around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.