Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Mad Max is offline
Re: FLOWMASTER knock off?
The patent for Flowmaster ran out a while back and they didn't renew it for some reason. All of a sudden, there were a ton of knock offs on the market. I'm pretty sure each knock off brand opened a Flow and copied it with a small change to make it just slightly different. I had one on a Ford Courier with a HOT 2.3 Ford engine in it, sounded pretty knarly.
The knock offs look almost identical to the Flowblaster.
S10 addiction: (1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty,
(2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck Truck), (3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty,
(4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo Truck), (5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie Truck),
(6) '83 S10, 327, TH 350, shorty (13.00 best),
(7) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty,
(8) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.