Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Mad Max is offline
Re: FLOWMASTER knock off?
The patent for Flowmaster ran out a while back and they didn't renew it for some reason. All of a sudden, there were a ton of knock offs on the market. I'm pretty sure each knock off brand opened a Flow and copied it with a small change to make it just slightly different. I had one on a Ford Courier with a HOT 2.3 Ford engine in it, sounded pretty knarly.
The knock offs look almost identical to the Flowblaster.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck) 3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '83 S10, 327, TH 350, shorty (13.00 best)
7) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
8) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.