Run channel (window) weatherstrip install. - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Run channel (window) weatherstrip install.

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Exterior / Paint
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #1

Run channel (window) weatherstrip install.

First time trying to solve this s10 problem. Seems many of our older models have a real problem with this piece of rubber and the guides that hold the windows in place.

I bought a new run channel strip for one side, not knowing that an actual piece of metal was inside the main rubber seal for the little plastic channel guide to run in. Since I was a newbee at this job, I never verified I actually had to have this part on the old truck before proceeding. I didnt know they existed, didnt look carefully.

Heck the weather strip is easy to install. But not having one of the metal pieces that runs INSIDE the rubber (back, drivers side) makes the job impossible to finish.

Does anyone have a source for this part or am I destined for the junkyard? I would rather just order the part. Am handicapped and dont walk the junkyards well.

BTW, knowing the exact name for this part would really be helpful. Anyone?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Finishing Interior

User is: OffLine
Re: Run channel (window) weatherstrip install.

I got mine from LMC Truck. It is called a Door Glass Run. #29-7510 for 82-93 Left, #29-7511 for 82-93 Right. $40 each

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/0019.asp

I have yet to install them, but they match the stock pieces exactly.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #3

I called LMC to ask them if the stainless steel channel which the little plastic guide runs in, front and back, was actually included. They said no. Tell me they are and I will order one today.

Just to make matters real clear. It is the part INSIDE the rubber that seems to be a part needed to be RE-used. It is the same part held on by the small sheet metal screws.

As a hint for installation. The run channel rubber can be installed without the metal parts and I would do so the first time. Get an accurate place for the small screw location by comparing the metal guide to where it has to be reinserted into the rubber. There are small bendable tabs on this guide that should be bent straight to pull this metal guide out of old rubber and then the guide has to be reinstalled in the rubber. Make sure to be in exactly the right place before penetrating the new rubber with the tabs so that when you reinstall it the complete section and both guide strips, that the screw holes will line up.

Dont forget to lube the channel with something cause the windo will need it.

Yes, I did do one side and the only "guide I had was the front one. Should have done other side cause I have both "glide" guides for it. I still dont havre any idea as to correct name of this part.

Again, if your lmc product actually is complete with metal in the front and back to use for the glides to snap into, please write back.

Last edited by blazing saddle; 12-04-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #4

User is: OffLine

I bought both sides of the window run and they do include the metal run inside of the rubber. Now I am having a problem when I roll my window down it tilts forward everytime and pisses me off. Anyone had this problem. I also put new window guides too.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #5

Yeah, understand exactly what you mean. Seems those guys at the factory must be real geniuses. The only thing I can think of with that built in Lean is that there is more or less friction needed to compensate for the natural factory effect. It is the engineering that is the root cause of the problem, but I can only think of one little thing that may be having an effect. The parts on the inside and outside that serve to WIPE the window serve to even out the friction so that the natural lean is negated. If you are like me and have to still replace the Wipe strips or at least the outside one, that may be the answer.

Do me one great favor and tell me where you bought the rubber with the metal inside? Or tell me how you bought the metal channel that is inside the rubber that the glides run in. I am waiting for a door to steal one from.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #6

BLAZING SADDLE were did u get your window weather strip and for how much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.