Rear sliding window latch/lock - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Rear sliding window latch/lock

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Exterior / Paint
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
MVP

User is: OffLine
Rear sliding window latch/lock

I've never had a sliding window so this problem has never arose for me. I just bought a 1998 s10, but the latch/lock is missing. All the glass is tinted and in great shape so i would hate to have to replace the whole thing. Can I just replace the latch/lock thing or is that not possible?

It is just missing off of the piece of glass that slides, nothing else is gone or broken.

Any online site that I can order this piece from if it is replaceable? Would I use the same glue as a rear view mirror to hold it in place?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #2

Re: Rear sliding window latch/lock

i see you live in ohio. send me your address and i will come fix it just leave any valuables inside of the truck lol.
im pretty sure they are glued on so you could remove the old one then go to a junk yard remove that one then glue it on.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
MVP

I pm'ed you my address, take what you wish if you can fit through that damn window.

I was thinking it was fixable, i Just didn't know how to get one off without breaking the window at the bone yard, as well as, how to put it back on my window properly.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #4

you can try some fishing string.
i can fit thru my window just enough to unlock it.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Cfaluck13

i had the same problem. they glue on witj the rear view mirror glue and are about $50 bucks from the dealership. just make sure there isnt tint on the glass where you are putting it on because it wont stick to the tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.