S-10 Forum banner

My S-10 Monsta Project

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  osheimer55 
#1 ·
I picked up this 91' 4x4 when I was 16. It's a South Carolina truck, but after a handful of PA winters it needed some TLC. I replaced both cab corners and rocker panels and added a super clean 100% rust free southern bed that happened to be from North Carolina.

After much debate, and research I decided to go with a product called Monstaliner. It's made by Magnetic Paints. There is loads of good reviews on jeep forums.

I wish I had some before and after pictures but unfortunately I do not. Basiclly my truck was rattle canned flat black prior to this overhaul, and it was a stock grey color before that. As with any paint job, there is a boatload of prep work to do before anything fun.

Once I got my bodywork done, I prepped the truck by sanding it down with 100 grit sandpaper. The liner needs a rough surface to adhere to. Once my sanding was done I wiped everything down a few times with MEK solvent. Wicked stuff. Like acetone on steroids.

After all my bodywork and prep was done I finally began to roll my liner on. I used a total of 3 gallons to coat the full exterior of the truck, plus I installed it as a bedliner too. Everything got 3 coats of liner material.

Overall I am very happy with how everything turned out. I'm hoping to have a pretty bullet proof rig. Next step is to do a detailed spraying with fluid film. Also forgot to include that I painted my frame with a product also made by Magnetic Paints called Chasis Saver. It's just like Por-15. Adheres to rust.

Check it out, let me know what you think, I can try to answer a few questions on the liner if there's any interest.

See less See more
#4 ·
Your truck looks awesome!! I did my rockers in monstaliner about 3.5yrs ago and this pic was taken just now. Other than it being a bit dirty it hasn't faded a bit that I can tell and is holding up awesome. I am pondering getting the tintable version and tinting it the red of my truck and doing everything that is red now in it since I like the two tone of my truck.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm glad to see yours holding up well. All the reading I did on it says it's great stuff. I really contemplated doing a color other then black but I worried about the paint times. They say the colors dry faster then black. The way I figure it now is if anything major happens to the truck where I need to repair it and it involves doing everything I will scuff this black down and spray it with a dark color. Overall I'm very happy and don't see any issues in the future. I was torn though because I really liked the brown color they have, but in the end I figured I couldn't go wrong with plain black lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.