ZQ8,Xtreme fog lights - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

ZQ8,Xtreme fog lights

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 09:53 PM   #1

ZQ8,Xtreme fog lights

Does n e one know what kind of bulbs trucks with factory fog lights have, i've got a 96 noma ZQ8 i'm pretty sure X's use the same lights and I've checked the web it seems every major bulb manufacturer has no idea that dimes and nomas at one point came out with fog lights cuz theres no listing. Plz someone give me a straight answer on this thanks.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:46 AM   #2

User is: OffLine
Re: ZQ8,Xtreme fog lights

Do you have the fog lights built into the amber turn signal or do you have the ones that are down in the lower valance? I know the X's have them in the valance but not sure which s10's had them in the turn signals. They might be different size bulbs.
Have you tried calling autozone or pepboys, etc asking them to look up the bulb type for you? I'm sure they have catalogs with the correct size listed.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:58 AM   #3

I tried.. They didn't know anything.. I tried every auito parts store in town and none where a help.. They had "close" matches.. but nothing had long enough end to it that was long enough to fit in the hole.. So I don't know what the **** imma do, i heard the numbers are 810 or 893 depending on how bright you like `em. But I don't know where to find them!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
Ticket Magnet

If I remember correctly they are H3's 37 watt...I'll check mine...that's it...get Silverstars..
Old 09-03-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
ZR2 member

Ones in turn signals are 881
Old 09-03-2004, 02:20 PM   #6
Ticket Magnet

It would help if you knew exqctly wich fogs you had. If they are fogs from a 96 S-XX it is an H3...I'm looking at a spare bulb right now. Do you have fogs on your truck now?? If so just disaassemble one and pull the bulb...update on the watts...it's actually a 55 watt H3 bulb.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:46 AM   #7

I've got foglights on my 2000 S10 xtreme

I'm gonna go look for "H3's" and see if they loook the same.. I didn't even look at those shits, I was just looking for 810's cause I heard thats what I needed (From another thread)..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.