wiring power seats in a non power seat truck - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

wiring power seats in a non power seat truck

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
Banned

User is: OffLine
wiring power seats in a non power seat truck

picked up a drivers side power seat off a member on zr2usa.... i want to hook the seat up right and not all janky. does anyone who has done this using a relay and fuse setup have a diagram handy of what they did? and what amp relay and fuse do i need for these seats? they are '00 model blaZeR2 seats.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 AM   #2

Re: wiring power seats in a non power seat truck

there is a really detailed how to on this.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
Banned

ah, i no good at searching! i am searching right now.

is there by chance anyway i can go to a pick'n'pull yard and get the rest of the power seat harness and it will be plug and play to my truck?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Electrical Mod

There really isn't anything to wire up other than a power wire and a ground. It should be fairly easy to tap into the stock location of the main wiring and run your own wire. You could get the stock wiring, but that may be more work, you just need the circuit breaker fuse.

By chau8238 at 2009-07-01
Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Banned

so basically your sayin just get a 25amp circuit braker and just run and IGN+ wire through the circuit bracker then to the power wire of the power seats, and then just ground the ground wire? i just hear alot of people who do this swap keep blowing fuses and stuff... i dont want it done all shitty where i gotta keep popping fuses. i want to be able to hit the switches for an hour if i felt stupid enough to do so withought anything going wrong.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Electrical Mod

You shouldn't have any problems given you use a breaker, not a fuse, and use a correct size wiring, probably around 12 or 14 gauge. The breaker is the same as the ones used for your power windows and locks. I don't know why other people had problems, its straight forward and unless they used a fuse, shouldn't blow it.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #7

Slight hijack. Sorry.

What about adding power seats with memory to a non power seat truck? Any way to make use of the memory function?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
Banned

now thats something i do know... the body control module stores the settings, you would have reprogram it if thats possible, or take the BCM out of a truck that had that option, but then you'd have to have your vin number match the engine computer. so ive been told
Old 07-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Banned

so how the hell do you get the wiring from the harness that goes to the pwer seats? i finally got a power track from a junkyard out of a blazer, but when i cut the carpet up to see where the wires went, they tied into a nother harness and went backwards to the back of the truck? not to the front and then the fuse box like people say? i really dont want a janky ass circuit breaker or any janky wiring in my truck.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
forum idiot

Quote: Originally Posted by 4x4zr2GA
i really dont want a janky ass circuit breaker or any janky wiring in my truck.
your truck is like nine colors...thats not the look your going for??
Old 07-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
Banned

lol. it wont be 9 different colors for long. i hope anyway. hey how come the damn wiring harness uses Ford plug ends on the motors? kinda weird.

anyway, just temporarily, if i get a 25amp circuit breaker and wire it inline with the power, and just ground the ground wire to the seat track, where is the best place inside the cab to hook the power wire to for the seats?

Last edited by 4x4zr2GA; 07-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #12
Banned

purdy please!

would i ahve to take the entire interior driverside harness out of the blazer and cut it up a little to swap it into my truck, so that its "plug and play"? cuase like i said, the wiring that goes to the seat runs towards the back of the blazer not to the front.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
Banned

so im wiring them up right now. went back to the pick n pull and cut the male end plug from a blazer body harness, and pulled the extra 2 pins/wire out that i didnt need. did this so it would plug up the factory way so i can just plug/unplug it when needed to be removed. already grounded the big black wire, and wired a 25amp circuit breaker inline with the big orange power wire... now where is the best place to tap into a power source for that orange wire?

Last edited by 4x4zr2GA; 07-11-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #14

Just a heads up guys, normally, for 25 amp circuit, you need #10 wire. #12 is only rate for 20amps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.