Service Engine Soon Light...reset - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Service Engine Soon Light...reset

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2003, 07:47 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Service Engine Soon Light...reset

Quick.. How do you reset the computer service engine soon light on a 2001 Blazer... The light just came on when I started it. Truck is running fine, checked the gas cap no problem but light is still on... I think it''s all this darn snow and the fact that the temp here in Ohio is -4 deg. I want to reset the computer so I can see if it'll come back on before I end up having to take it in.......

Thank you
Old 01-28-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
life begins @ 20 psi

User is: OffLine
Lightbulb

Massillon, home of the tigers eh? I work down there from time to time. Maybe we'll meet up someday... Anywho, to reset the "service engine soon" light just disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes. Bear in mind that you will have to reset your clock and radio presets after you do this. Another possibilty if you want to see what trouble code is stored, take your truck to Autozone. They can pull the codes and reset them for free. HTH's

Mike Campbell

Last edited by SY2932; 01-28-2003 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.