power side mirrors not working need help - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

power side mirrors not working need help

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #1

power side mirrors not working need help

I have a 2001 GMC and the power mirrors are not working on either side. I can understand one going bad, but neither morror will move in any direction. I have tried to find the fuse but neither box has this labeled. (don't have a manual) I'm going to assume that the switch is bad or it's not getting electricity. I don't know if there is a relay though, so if anyone has any experience please let me know.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #2

User is: OffLine
Re: power side mirrors not working need help

it could be the fuse, but more likely the switch, all I can say about the fuse is check all of them, or post back with what kind of truck it is and I can tell you which fuse it is.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #3

It's a 2001 GMC Jimmy 4x4. It's not the Envoy but does have the power drivers seat (no leather though) As far as I know the only other thing it doesn't have is the heated seats. The mirrors supposedly are heated as well but I am just getting the vehicle and it hasn't been snowing around here in a month. We pulled quite a few fuses and didn't find anything burnt, so I'm willing to bet that the switch went as well. Will try to find power though before I pull the door panel off and disassemble everything.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #4

the fuse your looking for if #7 in the dash fuse panel, mir/locks 5 amp. at the switch, orange wire should be power black should be ground. If those are good then it's the switch
Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #5

Thanks. I remember seeing the door lock label on the fuses, but it said nothing about mirrors. That explains it and will check. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
forum idiot

my 98 blazer had the same issue...turned out to be the switch in the door...best way to check is to find someone with the same truck 98+ and will work

and swap the switch...it will take you 5 mins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.