odometer and shift indicator color - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

odometer and shift indicator color

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
odometer and shift indicator color

I have a 2003 Chevrolet s10 and am installing blue LED I was wondering if there is any way to change the color of the Odometer and shift indicator colors while changing the dash colors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
I'm super serial

Re: odometer and shift indicator color

while I have yet to take one apart, I believe these are fluorescent displays. Most of these types of displays light up a greenish blue color, and these ones are pretty specific, with the word trip in the odometer and I'm guessing the letters for the shift indicator. I have a stick and I've never payed attention to it. Anyway, your best bet is to put some blue film over the displays.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

Re: odometer and shift indicator color

I haven't pulled mine yet but mine does have a t or say trip for the trip meter but my odometer is digital and blueish green and the shift indicator its the same way when I pull it I'm going to look at it closely and see if I can figure anything out I was just hoping something simple like remove green film and find some blue film or something but I will post updates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.