Hella 3611 relay? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Hella 3611 relay?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Hella 3611 relay?

So I was at the junkyard today and saw a blazer with some relays on the firewall that my truck doesn't have. All 4 of the relays are marked 3611 with the Hella logo on them and the full part number stamped on them is 12193611. I have tried googling them to find the specs on them but I cannot find the amperage rating on them anywhere. They are the water proof kind with weather pack connectors on the bottom. I just couldnt pass up a set of relays that nice. Two of the relays had what looked like 10-12 awg wires run to them so I am guessing they can handle a decent amount of amps. I just want to know if anybody know how much power they can actually handle?

Reason I am asking is because I have already rewired my headlights but if I could use these, It would look much more factory, be more waterproof than my current setup and I would have two spare relays for fogs, offroad lights, or whatever else I wanted to add.

I stole this picture from Warren262's 97 s10 ss in the 4.3 engine bay thread. They are mounted to the firewall in the upper left.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Electrical Mod

Re: Hella 3611 relay?

If they are stock relays, they should be 30A relays. Sometimes they are stamped on them depending. You should post pics of the relays themselves.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #3

I already checked every square inch of it to see if it was stamped with the specs but its not. The only markings on it at all are on the top face with the white 3611 in the top right, the hella logo in the top left, 12193611 centered in the bottom. The front face has the generic relay pinout on it. and the right face has the lot number (7071A1) melted into it.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but thats all I have right now.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
Electrical Mod

I'm going to assume it's a 30A relay, most on our trucks are, there's no reason to go larger, unlike a ford taurus that has a e-fan. On s10's and blazers though, 30A will be the largest you need.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #5

These are marine relays. I run them on my 2005 Tige 22V wakeboarding boat that has a Mercruiser 5.0L engine. Your local boat dealer with a decent parts department should be able to get you the specifications on them.

Have also seen these on dune buggies as they are excellent for keeping the sand out.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.