Headlight Wiring Diagram 98+ - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Headlight Wiring Diagram 98+

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Headlight Wiring Diagram 98+

Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for the 98+ s10/blazers? I have a 2001 blazerX and the right highbeam does not work and it is not the bulb. So I need the diagram to search this little bugger out.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #2

Re: Headlight Wiring Diagram 98+

Sorry I can't help you out with your problem, but I have a 99 s10 and want to disable the "auto-on" for the headlights. 98% of the time my headlights are on. Having the headlights in the "off" position has no effect. What can I do?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 AM   #3

My truck has the same problem...one side does not work with high beam and i replaced the bulb...i had a shop check it out a year ago and they told me it was a $300 job to fix it i said f that..but when redoing some other elctrical work they left a wiring digram in there and i snatched up that b**** so when i get home ill check it out and put it up if its for the head lights
Old 04-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #4

Quote: Originally Posted by EyesOpen
Sorry I can't help you out with your problem, but I have a 99 s10 and want to disable the "auto-on" for the headlights. 98% of the time my headlights are on. Having the headlights in the "off" position has no effect. What can I do?
look in the how to section and read about the drl and ahl...it tells you what wires to mess with
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #5

Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #6

Old 04-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #7

sorry if its small but hopefully you can zoom in on it some how....
Old 07-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
HEY WAS UP S-DIMERS

HI IM REALLY TRYING TO FIND THE HARNESS THAT HASS THE LOWS AND HIGHS FOG LIGHTS AND THE EXTRA LIGHTS THAT ARE ON THE TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS UNDER THE MAIN HEADLAMPS I HAVE SEEN EXTREMES AND BLAZER WITH THESE LIGHTS BUT I CANT FIND THE HARNESS TO DO IT ON MINE
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
HEY WAS UP S-DIMERS

Hi Im Really Trying To Find The Harness That Hass The Lows And Highs Fog Lights And The Extra Lights That Are On The Turn Signal Lights Under The Main Headlamps I Have Seen Extremes And Blazer With These Lights But I Cant Find The Harness To Do It On Mine
Old 07-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
Electrical Mod

I have the diagrams in my sig.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
2000 GMC Typhoon?

My lights were Not working, and my jimmy would shut off on its own right after the highbeam Indicator light would come on. cause i had HIDs in my HighBeams.
First the DRLs Would flicker for about a week, then the second week they would turn on, now it just shuts off the whole car.

Problem was it melted the inside of the fuse box under the hood and shorted out the whole suv.

Now I gotta get a whole new Box.

this time i'm gonna run relays for all my lights, HEAD/HIGH/FOG.
acctualy i was gonna put the stock highbeams in the bumper, and run HIDs in the Highbeam compartment, straight from the battery to a relay to a switch.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #12

2003 Chevy s-10 turning signal problem

Guys I have read every post on the internet about s-10 turning signal problems and I have a unique one...

On my dash board it says my left turning signal is out. I turn on my hazards (which are all the same lights as my running lights, and turning signals) They all work. I turn on my headlights and the front left running light is out and also the front left turning signal. However! when I engage the left turning signal they work but flash really quick like one of the lights are out. When I lock my truck with the standard alarm the front left lights also don't flash. Only the right ones. after having a coke and watching my hazards flash I noticed the front left running light (bottom light) only has one filament lighting up. I swapped the bulbs and same. result. What on earth is causing this. I also clipped my hitch connector with no fix. (stupid me).. Please HELP!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #13

Hey Josh, could be a ground problem have you probed the ground wire for the left turn? On my blazer that connector has 3 wires, brown/parking, black/ground and green/signal/flasher. You can unplug the connector and try to probe; red probe to battery and black probe to the connector w/black wire volt meter on dc you should get 12-14 volts.
Or you could just make sure and tie in your own ground from one of the body screws to the black wire close to the connector with one of those squeeze quick connectors.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #14
B95

Talk about reviving a old thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.