firewall relay help - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

firewall relay help

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #1

firewall relay help

i had 4 relays mounted on my firewall for my 97 4.3 s10. i modded my harness but looked at a diagram today and noticed another relay i am pretty sure 2 are for the ac system one is for the adrl (daytime run lights) and the last is for my fog lights. is this correct or is one of those for my charging system. help a buddy out please
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #2

Re: firewall relay help

anyone know for sure? they sit on the right side of the firewall 4 in a row i got a pic if it can help anyone but this is generally where it sits.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #3

User is: OffLine

I think one of those goes to the starter or ignition or whatever. I tried to delete them after I removed my A/C system and had to keep one because the truck wouldn't crank without it. Try removing one by one and see what stops working then.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #4

yeah i cut them already! that picture i just had wires dangling. in the haynes manual it says 3 of them were ac relays and the other was a third brake light but i am hearing different things. i am going to hit up the dealership to ask for a wiring diagram i already tried a used truck lot but they sold the twin version for reference.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #5

well i been having bad luck with the wiring but i found a guy with the same motor and wiring and went and took a look at his relays. i popped out all the relays and found the right one. so i'm home now and took a pic maybe someone else can benefit from a mistake like this.

thanks for the help too man i probably wouldn't have double checked if you didn't tell me one of them was for starting.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

does any1 kno if i will need the one for starting with my carbed v8 im about to do all my power and grounds for it tomorrow
Old 10-04-2009, 02:29 AM   #7
Sgt. Stv-LoNowitz

User is: OffLine

if not you wont have a starter id leave that one in for now and see if itll work without it after youve wired everything
Old 10-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #8
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

i cut those out awhile ago
Old 10-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

i have the relay and the wires coming from it but i am going to have to re wire it does any1 know to do that

im sure one of the wires is power one is the starter wire and one is a ground but what is the other one will i even need that last wire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.