S-10 Forum banner

Electrical gremlin....HELP!!

548 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kevinp1335 
#1 ·
Bought an '03 ZQ8 few weeks back...having some electrical issues...I will explain best as possible and ask for any and all help. Will also upload video of issue whenever I have access to my cell.

Key on/vehicle running
The following DO NOT function;
Gauges, warning lights, radio, power door locks, interior lights

As soon as i turn the headlights on, everything functions as it should.
Gauges all come on as should on start up, warning lights all light up as they do on start up, radio lights up and has sound as should (clock resets, presets stay), power door locks work as should locking and unlocking (switch on door and key fob), interior lights (under dash, done, map lights) work as should (door open, on; door closed, off)

I did try different headlight switch, same results.
Checked fuses according to functions not working.

I must say that I am pretty stumped.

If you have experienced an issue like such, any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
If you look at the diagram, the whole cluster is grounded through one wire (B3). If it's not grounding through that wire, it has to ground wherever it can, apparently through the light circuit. I would check that "splice pack" and make you have a good ground there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.