S-10 Forum banner

Crusie Control - 96 s10 - 2.2

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Lancer1 
#1 ·
My unit runs ok and then it kicks out and then after a while will work again and repeats this / Any ideas ? vac or electrical ?

Thanks

#2 ·
Does it have the resume/accel? What happens if you hit that? If nothing happens, it's losing power. If it picks up again, your brake light switch might be misadjusted or failing and a light bump is making the switch close momentarily and turning it off.

#3 ·
That is what I am thinking but it does not always resume - sometimes it won't and sometimes it seems like I have to come to a light and or stop which works the pedals and then it will work again. I also maybe a vac leak after say 10 minutes it seems to cut out - I don't see what I would say is normal configuration under the hood for the CC ? where is it ? is the brake light switch connected to a vac source or is it electrically connected to the CC ?

thanks for your thoughts. Is there a diagram any place to look at ?

#5 ·
Cruise control is electronic, not vacuum operated. Most likely you have an issue with the brake switch under the dash. And the vacuum ball is for the dash controls for the heater & A/C. The selector, dash, floor, defrost is vacuum operated.

#10 ·
Yep it was a bear to replace - clip is spring still and a bugger to get on and off - took 90 minutes and it fixed the cruise control problem - open old one 3 separate contacts (pts) one was pitted. It slides on the brake pedal pin and that is how it how it is mounted - pin is stationary.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.