S-10 Forum banner

Brake lights come on after lots of pedal travel

461 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AWD V8 
#1 ·
So I've only had my truck for a little over a week but I had a guy tell me my brake lights weren't working. I thought theres no way because it just passed its safety inspection but I pulled into a parking lot and had my friend get out and check while I pressed the brakes. Well she confirmed they were working and I decided to keep a close watch on it.

Well it was dark out and as I was driving I could tell my brake lights weren't working because I couldn't see the lights lighting up the pavement. At first I thought it was just crappy taillights so maybe not a lot of light getting through. I stopped again and noticed that they came on with the brake pedal pushed down very hard. I'd say its at least 80% into the travel of the pedal. I'd have to push it in so far that every stop would probably screech the tires a little. Is there any way to adjust this? Also I know the brakes need to be bled, would this effect it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.