auto down windows... - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

auto down windows...

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #1
I'm probably drunk.

User is: OffLine
auto down windows...

how could i make it to where my passenger window would go down with one touch as my drivers side window does?

would it be as simple as pulling a drivers side switch from a wrecked blazer and throwing it in?

or is it more complicated than that??????

Last edited by blaz1n; 08-08-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
I'm probably drunk.

Re: auto down windows...

help me bitches

Last edited by blaz1n; 08-08-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:52 AM   #3

hmm......good question, I also would like to know.

I think it would be more complicated than added a factory swtich... You are talking about pushing our drivers window swiitch and having the passenger windows go down too correct?

One though, maybe something simple as tapping into the contact wire that is active when the switch is presses down, then splic that into the same side on the passenger wire button (both on drivers side). Probably not that simple , but who knows
Old 08-13-2004, 08:05 AM   #4
forum idiot

no he is talkin about havin one touch operation for the pass window from the driver side switch...

well if you do add a alarm..you can add a 530t window control module from dei....it will control both windows from your alarm...and give you one touch operation up and down for both windows...
Old 08-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #5
Captain Obvious

Quote: Originally Posted by orangesonoma
no he is talkin about havin one touch operation for the pass window from the driver side switch...

well if you do add a alarm..you can add a 530t window control module from dei....it will control both windows from your alarm...and give you one touch operation up and down for both windows...
That's the easiest way to do it.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 AM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by orangesonoma

how does that work? if u just press to put the windows down it goes all the way down? or do u have to hold it for for like 3 secs or something then it will go down by itself?
Old 08-14-2004, 01:16 AM   #7

Quote: Originally Posted by Raptor3359
how does that work? if u just press to put the windows down it goes all the way down? or do u have to hold it for for like 3 secs or something then it will go down by itself?
auto down is a neat feature on alot if not most vehicles with power windows. you just tap the down button and it puts the window all the way down.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:30 PM   #8
I'm probably drunk.

Quote: Originally Posted by WhiteFleetside98
auto down is a neat feature on alot if not most vehicles with power windows. you just tap the down button and it puts the window all the way down.

yeah i love it

but for some reason the drivers side window controls only does it for the drivers window
if i tap the passengers switch the window just rolls down a bit

i would like that auto function on the drivers side switch that controls the pass side window
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.