S-10 Forum banner

97 s10 looking to get hid or led

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Roostboy101 
#1 ·
97 s10. Looking to get hid or led lighting this is what's currently on. How to? What do I need? I would want hi and low beams

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
There are plenty of reviews on LED lights and most of them say that LED are not so great for distance. You may also find they do not last long. The problem with many LED's these days are that they are over driven voltage wise and not properly cooled. This greatly reduces the life of the LED.

If you choose HID lights you will need to have projectors to focus the bulbs properly.
You cant beat HID if you set it up right and you get a good quality kit.

#4 ·
I've used hid & led headlights for about 10 years now. My own truck and several family cars.

I always bought the Chinese HID kits and it was a crap shoot as to how long would the bulbs or ballasts last or whether they would work at all. I did end up with the a set for each car that lasted about 2 years. Slow start up cold was common, or sometimes not at all on one light. The installs were best with a relay harness.

I bought me first set of LED lights about 3 years ago, and shortly after another set for the wife's car. Both sets have been perfect. Always instant on, no flaky operation.
The HIDs I bought were 55w and the LEDs I bought are 35w. Not much difference with the 35w LED.
Both sets of LED are still going strong.

The best things I like about LED over HID is that they work every time! The second thing I like about LED is that they are instant on. This means if I'm driving on high beam and switch back to low beam I have light instantly and not have to drive for several seconds with next to no light on low beam.

I just bought my 3rd set for another project.

This Youtube guy sells LED headlights and compares the different features and tells you what to look out for and what can cause a problem during installation. It's a 30 minute video but filled with good info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.