97 Blazer rear wiper clicking and not really working rear sprayer problems too - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

97 Blazer rear wiper clicking and not really working rear sprayer problems too

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Working on aircraft

User is: OffLine
97 Blazer rear wiper clicking and not really working rear sprayer problems too

When I turn it on it clicks and bounces around a bit. Sometimes I can play with the switch and it will pop back up and work once or twice. I have not looked at it yet but before I do, does it sound like I will need a new motor or is it something else? Also the rear squirter doesnt spray. The pump works cause its brand new. Any little tricks there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
Working on aircraft

Re: 97 Blazer rear wiper clicking and not really working rear sprayer problems too

Took it apart tonight. There is a big plastic wheel gear in the motor and the teeth were stripped a little bit. I filed the edges down and now it seems fine. Still cant figure out the squirter. It seems like its blocked.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
1996 4.3 5 speed xtra cab

Re: 97 Blazer rear wiper clicking and not really working rear sprayer problems too

You might have a coincidental combo of two things. Look at the multi function turn signal switch too for your sprayers.. Im having the same problem.

Last edited by tommyboys10; 06-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Working on aircraft

I was thinkin the line could be pinched somewhere but I dont know where to look without ripping out the whole carpet
Old 11-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #5

mine clicks two, only works if I help it! how does the gate come apart? any how two? mines a 95.

Were is the switch for the rear sprayer?
Old 11-12-2014, 01:35 AM   #6

Question Re: 97 Blazer rear wiper clicking and not really working rear sprayer problems too

Quote: Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8
mine clicks two, only works if I help it! how does the gate come apart? any how two? mines a 95.

Were is the switch for the rear sprayer?
I have a 98 s10 blazer and my rear switch is on the dash. I am having issues with mine as well too. When I fill the reservoir up with washer fluid and hit the rear sprayer, nothing comes out on the back glass, but I did notice that there were some drops coming from underneath on the back left side and I pulled this plug out and all that washer fluid that I just pumped in there came gushing out. I have yet to find out why it will drain there instead of going to my back glass though.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #7

Quote: Originally Posted by thetank225
I have a 98 s10 blazer and my rear switch is on the dash. I am having issues with mine as well too. When I fill the reservoir up with washer fluid and hit the rear sprayer, nothing comes out on the back glass, but I did notice that there were some drops coming from underneath on the back left side and I pulled this plug out and all that washer fluid that I just pumped in there came gushing out. I have yet to find out why it will drain there instead of going to my back glass though.
If you go to the dealer, you can get a printed picture/ diagram of the entire routing of the rear washer line, from the front pump, to the rear wiper blade. There is more than one picture involved. Basically, the washer line runs

pump > under firewall > inside truck along floor on driver side > driver side area by tail-light > up inside body pillar to top of roof > across body roof just inside where hatch opening is located > inside body roof opening on passenger side by hatch hinge > through wiring cable run into top of hatch > down passenger side inside of hatch to bottom of window glass > across under glass to the center of the inside of hatch > rear wiper motor area > out of rear of hatch to wiper blade

every place that I have used a ">" there is a connector, between two lines. Any of those connectors can leak. You can replace most of the connectors with a short length of rubber vacuum line, I use 5/64 inch I think.

The washer lines themselves are hard line plastic, and can wear through from rubbing against the metal body work.

Pull the interior panels, starting at the rear inside, body roof, inside hatch opening, and look for leaks. Mine was leaking just where the line enters the hatch at the roof area on the passenger side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.