1995 s10 flasher location? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

1995 s10 flasher location?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Electrical / Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 06:45 PM   #1

1995 s10 flasher location?

I am trying to locate the flashers in my newly purchased truck. 1995 2.2liter 5-speed. i found the fuse block on the drivers side dash, and found the 2 relays(unmarked) in the glove box, but can anyone tell me where to find the flashers? i need to replace the turnsignal flasher as it flashes all 4 lights at about 5x normal speed.

Last edited by fep90; 09-20-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
forum idiot

User is: OffLine
Re: 1995 s10 flasher location?

the flashers are located under the panel under the dash...under the radio...ill try to find a pic...
Old 10-01-2004, 04:06 AM   #3

Thank you. Found it just where you said they would be. Got the blinkers working correctly now.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Searching no more

I have a question related to this. My turn signals are blinking pretty slow at times. It will blink fine for a few clicks and then sometimes nearly stop and then go back to normal and it keeps doing that. I popped the dash piece out and replaced the flasher that I saw that was close to the cigarette lighter. My hazard lights blink fine. I only saw that one flasher down there, so that's what I replaced. Could it have been my hazard flasher? If so, then where the heck is the turn signal flasher in a 94. Or if it was the turn signal flasher, what could the problem be?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
kick his ass seabass

^^^should be next to each other
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #6

On a 1994 the flasher unit is actually under the dash...on the firewall there is to the left of the brake pedal...and to the right of the ebrake pedal...up under the dash is a big black box with a bunch of plugs coming out of it. the flasher unit is a silver round thing that has only 2 prongs on the back of it...it just pulls out like a relay. hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Searching no more

Quote: Originally Posted by jhankinson
On a 1994 the flasher unit is actually under the dash...on the firewall there is to the left of the brake pedal...and to the right of the ebrake pedal...up under the dash is a big black box with a bunch of plugs coming out of it. the flasher unit is a silver round thing that has only 2 prongs on the back of it...it just pulls out like a relay. hope this helps.
Yeah, I know. I already replaced the flasher. I didn't mean it was right beside the cigarette lighter, sorry. My problem is that even though I replaced that flasher (that was next to some weird looking black plugs), it's still blinking slowly sometimes. Is there any wiring I should check, any connections? I don't know where to go after replacing the flasher.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #8
Starting a new Club in WI

i believe the flasher powers your turn signals and hazards. does it slow down when you come to a stop? if so, could be not getting enough power from the alternator to flash normally. (bad alternator, vacuum leak causing engine to bog down a lil and alternator then doesn't work efficiently)
Old 04-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Searching no more

Quote: Originally Posted by lowred
i believe the flasher powers your turn signals and hazards. does it slow down when you come to a stop? if so, could be not getting enough power from the alternator to flash normally. (bad alternator, vacuum leak causing engine to bog down a lil and alternator then doesn't work efficiently)
First of all, I fixed it. I actually replaced the wrong flash. I finally came to my senses and just listened for the ticking to find where it was coming from. It turns out in the 94, the flasher is located under the driver's side dash just behind the emergency brake. I didn't even have to remove anything to get to it. Simple!

Second, it was an intermittent slowing of the blinker and hesitation. I already know it's slowed down a little, but that's for a different reason. I have a rebuilt 4.3 with a 266HR cam, and it's also supercharged. For the supercharger I had to change out the alternator pulley. The alternator was a HO alt with a smaller pulley, so changing out to the larger pulley lowered the idle output. Now all I have is this really loud "whining" noise. Everyone thinks it's the alternator. I have a different opinion
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #10

HAHA man I told you that flasher was under there over by the Ebrake good thing ya got it fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.