Truck was stolen. - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Truck was stolen.

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
its me

User is: OffLine
Truck was stolen.

Well the title speaks for itself. But I’ll give yall the whole story. It’s a good one so hang on.

Cliff’s Notes for those that don’t want to read: Truck was broken into, cops made mistakes, it was then stolen. Then the thieves got what they wanted out of the truck and brought it back. CMPD sucks.

To start off with, I am a fireman for the city of Charlotte, NC. you may ask why this is important but it is somewhat. I was not at work when this occurred thankfully I was on my four days off. Anyways, I was in bed asleep early Friday morning and my cell phone rings so I look at the time (2:55) I checked the number and recognized it as being a city number so I was thinking who is trying to call me from the fire department at 3 AM, so I let it go to voicemail. They leave a voicemail so I immediately listened to it and heard some lady from CMPD ask if I knew where my truck was and to give her a call back.

At this point I’m thinking well yall apparently know something I don’t, because last I checked it was in the parking lot at my apartment complex. So I jump up, throw some clothes on and go outside sure enough my truck is missing. Before I get back inside I get another call from a city number. This time it was a girl I know that works for fire department dispatch, they (CMPD) had called there wanting to know if they knew anything about the situation or where my truck may be. So I hung up with her and call the cops back. So the lady I’m talking to is relaying messages back and forth between me and this officer and finally she gives him my number and has him call me directly. So this officer calls me and asks if I know where my truck was at again, I said no. So the he says he has a suspect in custody but one other suspect is still missing. He also asked me if I was to come pick my truck up. I said yes of course and he says to let him talk to the suspect and he would call me back. About five minutes go by and he calls me back and again asks if I want to come get the truck, also if I have the keys, or if I gave anyone permission to drive it. I answered yes, yes, and hell no. So he says to come get the truck and it’s at 123 Whatever Dr. (I don’t recall the actual address.) So I head that direction and right before I get off the exit he calls me back and asks if I knew where the Steele Creek Division is at, which happens to be the old fire academy, and if I could me him there. So I go there and meet the officer, and the first thing he says to me is “I hate to tell you this but I’ve got some bad news.” He said we don’t actually have the truck, it is currently being chased around Charlotte, and they were still trying to find it. He also told me that someone from my complex called in that there were 2 guys breaking into a vehicle and that upon their arrival 2 suspects ran. They caught the one guy but the other got away. So they sent officers to look for the other suspect and posted one officer at the entrance to the complex to watch traffic going in and out. In the midst of all of that they failed to come and alert me that the truck was stolen, they also had no one keeping an eye on the truck, so the guy that “got away” was able to come back to the truck start it, and drive past the officer out of the complex. So at this point I said so it was a waist of my time coming all the way down here from North Charlotte, which is a 30 minute ride or so. He said yeah and all I could do is sign his report and go home and they would call me when they had more info.

So now I’m pretty upset that they don’t have my truck when they said they did. So I go driving around charlotte looking for the damn thing, and shortly I realize that was going nowhere fast. I needed to go by my fire station to pick up some stuff the next day so I figured since I was already in South Charlotte I would swing by and get it. While I was there I started to realize that that story was not right; why could somebody get out of the complex while an officer was supposed to be watching the entrance. So I decide to call back and talk to the supervisor on duty. Well they tell me they will page him and he would call me. 30 minutes later I call back because I still hadn’t heard from him. Then he calls me almost immediately. So I was talking to him about how the truck was stolen after the police had already been on scene and all that. And he proceeds to tell me blah blah blah I know it’s unfortunate, it’s not one of our brightest moments. Then he stops and I hear him talking to someone else. He then comes back and says “they have found your truck. Do you know where ivy meadow drive is?” and I said UHHH YEAH that’s my apartment complex. And he was like huhh? It is? Well they have your truck there at the complex. So I told him. “Tell your officers to stay there with the truck, and I will be there in 20 minutes. So when I got back to the complex I found the truck across the complex from my apartment in a handicapped spot with one officer waiting with it.

The lid was broken off of my toolbox. There was a hole in the driver’s door next to the lock. (I assume that’s how they got in.) The steering column was beaten to crap and the dash was beat up. Plus stuff was strewn everywhere inside the truck as well as some stuff outside the truck. In total they stole the CD player, 2 cameras that I mistakenly left in the truck. My nice set of jumper cables and eight 50lb bags of deer corn I had just picked up the afternoon before.

With that being said here are a few cell phone pictures of the aftermath.

Attached Thumbnails
Truck was stolen.-breakin1.jpg   Truck was stolen.-breakin2.jpg   Truck was stolen.-breakin3.jpg   Truck was stolen.-breakin4.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
forum idiot

Re: Truck was stolen.

well thats a shitty situation you have...sorry to hear
Old 09-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
98 ZQ8

Yeah, I wonder what the logic was behind the police not telling you someone just tried to break into your truck in the first place? That really sucks, but at least the guy was nice enough to bring it back to you...mostly. lol
Old 09-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
terrible. take a lap.

that is amazing...how does the truck end up back at the complex w/o anyone (officers) seeing it and what not...??? what the ****kkkkkkk?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
its me

haha yeah, Id rather have a slightly busted up truck than no truck at all.

I think the guy that was supposed to be watching the entrance was asleep, then when they realized the truck was missing they figured why watch the entrance anymore.

Last edited by HEAVY_CHEVY; 09-06-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
Tech Mod

Damn that sucks man, hope everything works out.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Vandelay Industries

User is: Online

So what all parts do you need? Steering column, center dash bezel and anything else? I will dig around and see what first gen parts I dont need.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
run and tell that

That's crazy man. Glad to hear you got the truck back at least. Sounds like some real shitty police work there!!

Seeing that dash reminds me of my 91 S-10 I had. I bought it off of a member on here that lived on a farm in Illinois. It was a v-8 s-10, pretty much all stock. Had a Pioneer tape deck in it. Me and my buddy drove 6 hours to come pick it up, and then 6 hours home. We were both tired as shit, had no sleep. I got home, went to bed. When I got up, I went out to the truck to go somewhere, and seen the dash was all busted up.
Someone actually stole the ****en Pioneer tape deck out of it!! Hell, if they had knocked on the door and woke me up, I would have taken it out and given it to them!! The door on the truck wasn't locked, thank goodness, so at least I didn't get a hole in the door or a broken window out of the deal. The dash piece was easy to find, I think it was like $20 or something. Still sucked though.

Last edited by slammed isuzu; 09-06-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #9
Its Fish Stick Day

Sux people got to **** shit up.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
Useless posting member

They even stole your deer feed?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #11
Fashion Bug !!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Wrkn prgs
They even stole your deer feed?
The truck was probably stolen by some deer, all part of the
Animal Conspiracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDnQpD_uFQ
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
its me

hahaha. yeah they stole the deer corn too.

cruisinlow yeah i need those two parts but I think thats it. im trying to figure out a way to fix the hole in the door. thinkin maybe I'll shave the handles or something.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Lurkin Again!

thats horrible, Cops are Soo stupid, I wouldn't doubt it on your thoery about the cop sleeping an finding ur truck missin. I would belive that to happen....I hope you get evertyhing they broke fixed asap an for cheap$.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
Severed<>TIES

Well, at least you got your truck back. I was thinking they took the bagged truck in your avatar. lol
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #15
its me

oohh no that would have been bad.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #16
CuStOmIzEd?

well maybe since the police dept. ****ed up so bad when they catch these ****ers maybe they'll let you stomp their asses for their **** up??? come on...you know these ****ers deserve a good ass kicking...and just out of curiosity...wtf were they trying to accomplish by DESTROYING your steering column??? that's not entirely necessary to hotwire a truck is it? i hope whoever did this to you gets what's coming to them...and i hope you get replacement parts very cheap and all is well for you...i'm terribly sorry about this happening to you..
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #17
Sans S10

Damn that sucks to hear.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #18
Check your ground

Quote: Originally Posted by slammed isuzu

Hell, if they had knocked on the door and woke me up, I would have taken it out and given it to them!!

sorry to hear about your truck OP. glad you got it back though.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
Vandelay Industries

User is: Online

Man I checked my parts stash today, Ive got several first gen parts but nothing you need. Sorry I couldnt help.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
its me

Its okay i think im gonna get a good deal on the stuff i need. I would like to have about 10 minutes with the fukers, as well as at least some kind of aknowledgement by the cops that they screwed it up big time.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
its me

UDATE:

I just talked to the insurance lady. She told me that only the contents would be covered under the renters insurance, and no damage to the truck. The damage should be covered under the auto policy, but I only have liability. So im pretty much screwed for that.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
Site Sponsor

I wonder if the truck ever actually left the parking lot? Maybe the second theif just drove over to the other side of lot? Anyhow I hope the OP gets a good ass beating in on the jerks that did it.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #23
RaNdOm UsEr

yea thast what i was thinkin, i bet it never left complexe just moved to other side,,sorry to hear bout ur truck bro...people suck..
Old 09-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
its me

Yeah the truck did actually leave becasue according to the police it was spotted in south charlotte somwhere.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #25
Street Truck Builder

Quote: Originally Posted by HEAVY_CHEVY
UDATE:

I just talked to the insurance lady. She told me that only the contents would be covered under the renters insurance, and no damage to the truck. The damage should be covered under the auto policy, but I only have liability. So im pretty much screwed for that.

Mr White, I don't think Rolex makes a radio Good Luck!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #26
no more S10

Quote: Originally Posted by HEAVY_CHEVY
UDATE:

So of course that includes the two digital cameras and the deer corn, but do you think they'll buy you a new radio too? If so, I remember you had a very nice Alpine in there.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #27

wasnt it a Nikon DSLR camera? with a smaller but still noteworthy point and shoot ? hahah
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #28
its me

No Bryan, they wont cover the radio. It is considered to be attached to the truck making it part of the truck. same with the tool box. the wont cover either.

DailyDriven, yes acually you are almost on the head there. it was a cannon, and a nice Olympus stylus tough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.