shirts and stickers - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

shirts and stickers

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #51
Trust Me

User is: OffLine
Re: shirts and stickers

Quote: Originally Posted by pwtr02ss
why do you ****ers donate to a forum that makes money every time you visit that pretty much is member ran? Makes no sense
because stickerz! Omg

page.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #52

For the sticker, evidently.

Edit: Opps, didn't see the next page...
Old 03-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #53
wut

Why do you ****ers donate to a forum that makes money every time you visit that pretty much is member ran? Makes no sense
i donate for a few reasons, the main one being all the information i got from this site. tutorials, how-tos and the almost instantaneous help i get from a question i post about. the stickers were a perk. how does someone make money from a page that you visit? if you're referring to the ads then yes someone can make money from people visiting a page with an ad on it however, it's something like a handful of pennies per 1,000 views and another handful of pennies per click

someone may earn a couple dollars per day and that's if you have no partners or split ownership.

clearly, you're a greedy bitch
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #54
alway's changing somethin

Why do you ****ers donate to a forum that makes money every time you visit that pretty much is member ran? Makes no sense
because I CAN , and because I WANT TOO ........so what ?............
Old 03-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #55

for the sticker, well worth it.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #56
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

I have yet to receive my stickers.justsayin
Old 03-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #57
i don't like people

it feel's like home. i'll donate next month when i have the cash to blow.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #58
2.2 Extremist

Ken didn't get his stickers?? Holy shit code red.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #59
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

^
No doubt. I should have at least two stickers by now IMO. One for me,and one for blazerzr5.

rest in peace BlazerZR5
Old 03-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #60
2.2 Extremist

That guy lol what an overly honest guy. Sorta like you.... haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-22-2014, 04:17 AM   #61

Quote: Originally Posted by scottss10
i donate for a few reasons, the main one being all the information i got from this site. tutorials, how-tos and the almost instantaneous help i get from a question i post about.
The owners of this site have not in no way at all contributed anything to the tutorials, how-to's, or any of the info you've found helpful. All those things came from the members, if you want to thank someone, thank them, not the owners of this site. Donate money to the members whose contributions you found helpful, not to a site that is profiting off them. Donate to the members who give you the instantaneous help, the site or the owner could careless it you get help or not.

The owners (and their employees) know nothing about cars/trucks, they are basically just a marketing company that uses web forums to sell ads.

the stickers were a perk. how does someone make money from a page that you visit? if you're referring to the ads then yes someone can make money from people visiting a page with an ad on it however, it's something like a handful of pennies per 1,000 views and another handful of pennies per click

someone may earn a couple dollars per day and that's if you have no partners or split ownership.
First off, there's ads on each page of this site, not one ad. And a forum like this generates much much more than a couple dollars a day.

Second, this site runs various types of ads per page, some being like you described, where impressions and clicks add up to big money. And then there's ad space they sell, as both standard ads and as these douchy fake threads they run. This site gets alone enough traffic (due to the members who post on it) that the owners can charge major money to run ads, and being that this is just one of many forums they own, they create ad packages for companies to buy ad space across a network of forums, which could run into the thousands of dollars. Then there's the sub-forums companies can buy on here. This forum generates a lot of money, and all due to it's member activity.

Your "donation" is pocket change compared to the ad money the bring in.
clearly, you're a greedy bitch
Clearly, you shouldn't be calling him greedy since you are the one who is clueless about what he is saying, and clueless about what you have posted about.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:27 AM   #62

Troof.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #63
This season SUCKS.

Some of you ****ers never go away..... Wow.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #64
blah

never understood the craze about them.... i had a couple years ago when i was active but forgot what i did with them lol
Old 03-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #65
Yes, they're all mine

Quote: Originally Posted by 96blazer
The owners of this site have not in no way at all contributed anything to the tutorials, how-to's, or any of the info you've found helpful. All those things came from the members, if you want to thank someone, thank them, not the owners of this site. Donate money to the members whose contributions you found helpful, not to a site that is profiting off them. Donate to the members who give you the instantaneous help, the site or the owner could careless it you get help or not.

The owners (and their employees) know nothing about cars/trucks, they are basically just a marketing company that uses web forums to sell ads.

First off, there's ads on each page of this site, not one ad. And a forum like this generates much much more than a couple dollars a day.

Second, this site runs various types of ads per page, some being like you described, where impressions and clicks add up to big money. And then there's ad space they sell, as both standard ads and as these douchy fake threads they run. This site gets alone enough traffic (due to the members who post on it) that the owners can charge major money to run ads, and being that this is just one of many forums they own, they create ad packages for companies to buy ad space across a network of forums, which could run into the thousands of dollars. Then there's the sub-forums companies can buy on here. This forum generates a lot of money, and all due to it's member activity.

Your "donation" is pocket change compared to the ad money the bring in.

Clearly, you shouldn't be calling him greedy since you are the one who is clueless about what he is saying, and clueless about what you have posted about.
Thank you 96. Several years ago LS1tech sold for over a million dollars. Guess forums DO make money from its users
Old 03-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #66
s-series #2?

holy crap still bitching about stickers?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #67
alway's changing somethin

shit I had stickers made and gave them away........
Old 03-22-2014, 11:17 PM   #68
Life in the LOW lane!

Quote: Originally Posted by greencactus3
holy crap still bitching about stickers?
I know... I revived this thread cause I was looking into stickers and came across funny comments. Now it's turned into a debate on why it is or isn't a good idea to donate for stickers.....

Can we get back to the point of this zombie thread and then let it RIP?
Old 03-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #69
Vandelay Industries

It's not a matter of bitching about stickers, it's a matter of the site owners living up to their word. I.E. you donate to the site, you get stickers. The site owners have not held their end of the deal for years now.

The "admin" of this site is about worthless as an admin. I was a donating member for a long time. I would still be a donating member if they were as good as their word. But their word means diddly-squat. It is readily apparent they do not give two rat turds about the members.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #70
wut

(deleted)
Old 03-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #71
finally runs!

i has some in my sticker pile, along with everything from my parts
Old 03-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #72

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.