Rc Thread - Page 17 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Rc Thread

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #801

User is: OffLine
Re: Rc Thread

I don't have any experience with lipos as I have only used nimh batteries in my rcs so far but I just found this that may be helpful.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61957

What I would try first is to give the battery a full charge and check the voltage of the pack with a voltmeter. Supposedly if any of the Lipo cells are below 3 volts the cell is considered bad and the pack can be considered unbalanced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #802

Quote: Originally Posted by specter692000
having trouble getting my lipo battery to charge. Hooked up to the charger and it just beeps with an error looked up and it said something about the battery being unbalanced, or something wrong with the charger how can i tell if the batter has become unbalanced?
you ran it too low, or forgot to unplug it when you turned the truck off im guessing. toss the battery and get a new one. Even if you do manage to bring it back to life it'll never be the same. If you want to be sure the charger is okay just plug another lipo into it, one you know is good, if it charges fine, theres your answer.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #803

I put my big joe tires on my e revo today. Also changed the spur gear to a 62 tooth.

Anyone else here running an e revo with big joes ? If so what spur are you running ?

I am running the stock 3300 mah nimh batteries. This will be the first time I am trying it with the big joes and the 62 tooth spur. It had a 68 tooth spur (stock) when I got it.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #804

you need to lipo that thing. the power difference is unreal!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #805

It is a brushed e revo. Im thinking of getting lipos sometime. Im liking the approx half hour charge with the charger I have now for the nimh batteries. Not liking the short run time though.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 PM   #806
I Don't Fear DEATH

Quote: Originally Posted by d4n63r
you ran it too low, or forgot to unplug it when you turned the truck off im guessing. toss the battery and get a new one. Even if you do manage to bring it back to life it'll never be the same. If you want to be sure the charger is okay just plug another lipo into it, one you know is good, if it charges fine, theres your answer.
ok makes sense now cause there when i went to get the truck the battery was plugged up when I thought I unplugged it good thing the battery isn't that expensive
Old 05-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #807
Founding member of DA

fixed this thing so i could use it again
Old 06-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #808
Founding member of DA

2 new additions
Old 06-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #809

Found one for sale for someone that's looking. I know the seller and have driven the truck. It's only been run a couple of times.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251547998541
Old 06-10-2014, 12:52 AM   #810

I'd like to get a rock crawler rc. preferably an axial honcho or jeep or a tamiya cc-01 series. I have my E Revo for sale or trade.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #811

My one car a tame Duratrax Baja Bug, but I've got a fair amount of planes.

Here is a few:

P-38

Cessna 182 (notice the "N" number):

Cessna Corvalis:

Replica of one of my employer's planes, real plane is a 172, but the model is a 182:
Spent ALOT of time to make this.

Flyzone Sensei: Has bomb bay "drop" doors...way kewl to drop things.

Also makes a good platform for video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlV9fDVX_mQ
Old 06-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #812
always something new

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #813

Nice to see some more aircraft. I've got some, but not that nice!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #814

Traded my e revo for an hpi savage 4.6 nitro tonight. Came with a lot of parts. Has a rotostart with it, 3 bodies, another set of wheels and tires, 3 speed transmission installed as well as a new rear end and upgraded servos. I dont have any pics of it. Will get some pics and put them here shortly

Old 06-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #815

Here are some pics of my savage 4.6. The raptor body would have to have holes cut in it for the body posts to sit in the right spot. It is a "show" body for now. Haha. The silverado body is most likely what I will use for now. One thing that is kinda puzzling me is the rear end has a different thread on the right than on the left. The prev owner put a different wheel on the right instead of sorting it out. Any ideas ? I have another rear end that came with it. I might see if I can take the hub part off of it and put it on the right side so it is matching thread. Or I might just swap out the rear because the other one is also in good shape.

It has aluminium frame pieces on the sides, 3 speed transmission, upgraded servos newer shocks, the raptor body is near new. I will have to take a look at the parts I have for it to see what else I have and see if there is anything I'd like to put on it that came with it.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:21 AM   #816
Who ya gonna call?

Some of my aircraft.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #817

Hopefully getting the one way bearing for my savage this weekend so I can get it running and take it out and have some fun.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #818

Ill play. I have a buddy that was really into rc cars, well long story short he got me and my parents into them. He does a lot of custom work on them. I ended up with 2 from him. My mom also has one. My dad has one also.

This is my newest one. I don't know much about it other than it has a 29cc 2 stroke engine. I played with it for the first time today. It made all the neighbors look.

This is my FG jeep. This thing is fast. I think he said it has a 27cc engine. I was told it is capable of doing 50 mph. It is currently getting fixed.

This is my moms. It has a 49cc moped engine on it. Not really fast but you can hook up a wagon and pull yourself around with it.

Last edited by 95blazerv8; 07-01-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Miss type
Old 07-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #819
panther piss

Few shots of my sc10. I built a track behind my house. Its a good time when my friends bring there trucks over.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #820

I have some questions for you nitro rc guys. I just put a new one way bearing in my savage 4.6. Got a new battery for my glow plug ignitor and charged it overnight for at least 12 hours. Battery packs for my rotostart were fully charged.

Took everything outside after I put the bearing in and put the glow plug ignitor on it and tried turning it over with the rotostart after putting my finger on the exhaust to get some compression and turning it over. Havent been able to get it to start. The bearing seems to be working ok and has some resistance to it and it isn't jumping the teeth on the transmission. Am I missing something ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I emailed the seller and asked him about it because he said it only needed the one way bearing and it should start right up after putting the ignitor to the glow plug and turning it over a few times. I've watched some YouTube videos about how to start nitro rcs and I took the glow plug out and turned it over to get some gas to burp out of it and I swapped the glow plugs out.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #821
always something new

posted answer in DM section
Old 07-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #822

Thanks s10dude. I will see if I can burp some fuel out of it and test the glow plug soon and hopefully it will be good to go. Have been waiting to take it out for a rip.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #823

I used to have a Stampede xl-5, Rustler vxl, micro desert truck, and a e-revo brushed. Started to get expensive and we were moving to an apartment so I stupidly sold them .
I ran the Rustler vxl on a 3s lipo and I occasionally put the vxl and lipo in in the stampede for shits n giggles because when I drove it, only 2 wheels were on the ground at all times.
Then for the e-revo I had the brushed titan motor and then ran dual vxl's ('borrowed my brothers from his rustler'). I then purchased a MMM and that thing flew. standstill wheelie and a half... Here's a few pictures form what I could salvage.

custom body

plus I had this beauty

Video of the standstill backflip!
- damn... 6 years ago.. haha
video of rustler on 6s... haha
Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #824

Going to see if I can get my savage 4.6 going soon. This is my first nitro rc and im slowly getting more used to it. Glow plug ignitor is charged. Fuel tank is filled. I found recently that it hasn't had a proper flow of fuel. I took the fuel filter out snd cleaned it up. I think it may be air locked. I will try putting some air in the fuel line from the tank to see if it will feed the fuel through so I can get it started.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #825
Ol' Sparky

Figured I would throw up our newest additions. Decided to give short course trucks a try. The black and orange one is mine. Pro-line Pro-2 powered by a Castle set up and the black and silver one is my daughters stock brushed Slash.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #826

Is the slash a 2wd ? I had a brushed traxxas e revo. I've never had a hobby class 2wd electric or nitro yet. I've had tons of cheap 2wd rc cars and trucks though growing up. Wondering how the 2wd slash is performance wise. I like having 4wd but for where I use my rcs I'd probably be ok with a 2wd.

I'd love to get a Tamiya drift car and get it painted and put different wheels on it and stance it.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #827
Registered abUser

Picked up a new body for my Sprint 2. Going to try and make it sit lower by cutting up into the wheel arches and making some type of fender flares.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #828
Ol' Sparky

Quote: Originally Posted by dt99sls
Is the slash a 2wd ? I had a brushed traxxas e revo. I've never had a hobby class 2wd electric or nitro yet. I've had tons of cheap 2wd rc cars and trucks though growing up. Wondering how the 2wd slash is performance wise. I like having 4wd but for where I use my rcs I'd probably be ok with a 2wd.
I really like it. I have more fun with 2wd short course trucks than I ever did with 4wd ones. They behave more like the real thing and are a blast to drive.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #829

Nice. I'm hoping to get my nitro savage going sometime soon. I'm wondering what i should do to modify the raptor body I have for it. First ideas were to drill the holes for the body posts in the same spots as my silverado body and paint the windows black and cut out the bottom of the back window for some cooling fir the head. Any suggestions ? Here is a pic of the body.

Maybe paint some rivets on the flares so they look like pocket flares ? Im thinking of painting the back window too. Black tape has also crossed my mind for the windows. Tape the inside of them
Attached Thumbnails
Rc Thread-1411324723407.jpg   Rc Thread-1411324758277.jpg  
Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #830

I have some bedliner left here. Might bedliner the raptor body. Think of something different
Old 09-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #831

Quote: Originally Posted by ahelm3
Picked up a new body for my Sprint 2. Going to try and make it sit lower by cutting up into the wheel arches and making some type of fender flares.

I've got an Ofna LX1 Nitro 4wd buggy that I'm having a hard time getting to run like it should. I can get it to start, sometimes, but when I pull the throttle, it immediately dies, like it's flooding out. I'm seriously thinking about getting everything that I have for it together, cleaning the chassis up, and trying to trade it for a sprint 2. I wouldn't mind having another something off road either, but whatever it happens to be will definitely be electric, and changed over to brushless ASAP, if it's not already set up that way.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #832

Try adjusting the set screw for the fuel mixture till it is running smoothly. Sit it on something so the wheels are off the ground so you can set it and hit the throttle to see what happens and set it again if you have to and test again.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #833

I usually have it sitting on the starter box when I adjust it. Either it's too finicky or I'm adjusting too much. I prefer brushless much more over nitro. So much less hassle.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #834

I had a brushless Traxxas rally before. It was fun. This is my first nitro. More hassle but you don't have to worry about charging batteries for hours and then getting about 20 minutes out of a charge. Can stop and refuel and go again. Tank on my savage should last about half an hour.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #835
I have the disease

Quote: Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I used to race RC cars. Nitro and Electric. My favorite was the 1/10th scale gas trucks. I've flown RC stuff for a couple of decades now. My latest contraption is a quad copter. Not only that, but I fly it using FPV (First Person Video). I wear a set of video goggles on my face and I can fly it out of sight. I keep it within a half mile of me, generally. It could go further though. My video range is a lot better than my 2.4GHz radio range. The quad copter is from hoverthings.com. It's the VC-450. I pieced together the video system from readymaderc.com.

The FPV stuff is still relatively new to me. Here's a video I made a couple weeks ago of my first FPV flight.
First quad copter FPV flight w/VC-450 - YouTube

this is really cool. I like your videos.

I owned a nitro stampede many years back. It was fun but I had a lot of problems keeping it tuned. I really want to get a baja or trophy truck of some kind again with electric motor.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #836

Quote: Originally Posted by dt99sls
I had a brushless Traxxas rally before. It was fun. This is my first nitro. More hassle but you don't have to worry about charging batteries for hours and then getting about 20 minutes out of a charge. Can stop and refuel and go again. Tank on my savage should last about half an hour.

I can't argue with that. I do know, though, that you can get different batteries that discharge at different rates, but that could also change performance levels as well. I guess it's just what you get more used to. A friend of mine has a 1/5th scale 4wd rally car that has basically a weed eater engine on it. Thing is awesome, but way more money than I want to get into.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #837

A friend of mine had a Traxxas 4wd that someone showed him how to port the engine for more power, and he went so nuts with it that he'd shear off the driveshafts every time he'd give it full throttle.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #838
No More SS

I am just trying to get out of RC's. Just sold my Axial this week. Proline Jeep body, RC4WD Jeep JK scale aluminum beadlocks with TSL Super Swamper tires.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #839

My scx10 - is now orange.

Also have a slash 4x4 - no pics though atm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.