Random Picture Thread! - Page 250 - S-10 Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #12451 of 12461 Old 06-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Blue Lives Matter

Re: Random Picture Thread!

saw that on yahoo yesterday and thought to myself, i guess some people could consider that to be interes... whoa, it's a damn tornado!

'00 S10, 5.3L/T-56 swap under way, ext. cab, metallic space blue, FBSS
'02 S10, 4.3L Auto, ext. cab, olympic white, 3/2 lift, 31" tires - The old DD
'02 Ranger, 2.3L manual, ext. cab, island blue metallic, lowered 2/3 - The new DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12452 of 12461 Old 06-06-2016, 10:05 PM
LORDING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpokie View Post
Was it for a suspension ad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtank View Post
Mo - I'm curious.... who was it and what did you get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpokie View Post
HEY HEY HEY ! wait your turn. i asked jerry first
Sorry, I missed these posts. I got a set of shocks from the suspension source.

Also, that tornado pic is pretty sweet.

TelAmeriCorp
post #12453 of 12461 Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Send a message via AIM to 1fast4by

tsayyote likes this.

"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, this is not only acceptable, but mandatory."
-Jeff Cooper

Ban gun free zones!
post #12454 of 12461 Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 PM
poop

Woah, thought for a second I was in the Hacked and Ugly shit thread with the amount of unintelligent content posted.

post #12455 of 12461 Old 06-16-2016, 07:33 PM
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!

While I don't necessarily agree with it, and it's better suited for the politics/religion forum, I wouldn't call it unintelligent.

S-10's - because they're cheap and easy, and I'm poor and lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10xtremist View Post
He'd be like a stinky ostrich. A stinky biscuit-headed fur-faced ostrich.
MyTruckHasNoPantsOn!

Junkyard Gem
post #12456 of 12461 Old 06-16-2016, 08:52 PM
poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhaveNoPantsOn View Post
While I don't necessarily agree with it, and it's better suited for the politics/religion forum, I wouldn't call it unintelligent.
Maybe unintelligent is the wrong word, misinformed possibly? Idk, to me, automatically equating the phrase "gun control" with "blaming guns" is stupid. Guns are no more to blame for shootings than planes were to blame for 9/11. They're a device used to cause havoc.

There will always be bad guys or radical extremists or whatever, thats how the world works. You can't stop that, you can only try to prevent them from causing whatever harm they feel they need to cause.

After 9/11 we did that, we decided maybe we should make it harder for bad guys to get their hands on a plane. But if the president comes out and says we need to look into gun control after a guy, who had no business owning a gun, mows down over 100 people with guns that we let him buy, that automatically means "Obamar tryna terk away muh guns." And as long as that "no compromise" logic exists there will never be anything to stop this from happening again. And yes, this absolutely should be in the political forum, but this is apparently where we post this retarded shit now, on a truck forum where most of us try to escape these kind of things.
/rant

tl;dr : This thread needs more cat pictures.

post #12457 of 12461 Old 06-16-2016, 09:26 PM
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!

Well said. I don't want to clutter this thread up any more with political bullshit, but I agree with you 100%.
JCmopar likes this.

S-10's - because they're cheap and easy, and I'm poor and lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10xtremist View Post
He'd be like a stinky ostrich. A stinky biscuit-headed fur-faced ostrich.
MyTruckHasNoPantsOn!

Junkyard Gem
post #12458 of 12461 Old 06-16-2016, 10:40 PM
LORDING

vinster888 and IhaveNoPantsOn like this.

TelAmeriCorp
post #12459 of 12461 Old 06-16-2016, 10:49 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Send a message via AIM to 1fast4by

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmopar View Post
Woah, thought for a second I was in the Hacked and Ugly shit thread with the amount of unintelligent content posted.
Sorry about your vagina... getting awfully sandy these days I guess....

The way I see it, you are either for freedom, and individual liberty.... or you arent....

Let me clarify...

most of you know I shoot fairly often and on most subjects I have pretty "live and let live" attitude but the gun control stuff gets pretty heated pretty quick.

I agree and understand the need and desire to stop these events from happening. I think there are multiple avenues to addresses gun violence but I think there needs to be a moment where everyone starts on the same page.

So lets clarify somethings.

Very few of the mass shootings that have happened would have been caught by proposed gun control legislation. If the person has no clear record no background check is going to stop them based on intention.

We already have background checks. There is no loop hole. The loop hole that most people refer to is the ability to sell a gun privately as a citizen. If you want to close this "loop hole" you have to create a national managed registry....

While a gun registry law could get passed it historically has been unenforceable. So far every country without fail who has passed a gun registry has soon had gun confiscation. (I know i know "Bama isnt coming for your guns"). In states where gun registration has been passed less than half of the population has complied which by most definitions it is a failed law.

Your last gun control option is the "Australia" method. Ban everything buy back all the guns. There are multiple reasons this would fail but first and foremost is the cost. The cost of this buy back would be billions of dollars not counting the labor needed to execute it.

So barring bans on types of guns and magazine sizes (which is even more meaningless) this sums up what is currently being proposed. So what do we do? "I cant take away the tool for violence how do i stop violence?"

First address where most gun violence is happening. Most of it is happening in communities living in poverty and gang culture. In order to solve this i don't think you send more police. I don't think you give more money to the DEA or gang task forces. I think you give people opportunity. If the options on the table are poverty or gang income most people are going to choose the ladder. I think we as a whole need to change the table. I don't think you will ever eliminate gangs but you can put more options on the table. Could you imagine National Rifle Association and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America using that insane amount of money to change peoples options? Put that money towards teachers, towards mentor programs, toward job outreach, and i think you will see a difference.

To gun control advocates i say stop being scared of an object and actually look at what causes the action.

To gun advocates I say stop the focus on holding on to your guns but instead offer solutions.

If one party is screaming "give it to me" and the other is screaming "no" neither are solving the real problem.

Mass shootings and crazy people doing crazy things is hard to tackle but statistically they are not the source of our problem regardless how much the media likes to cover it.

"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, this is not only acceptable, but mandatory."
-Jeff Cooper

Ban gun free zones!
post #12460 of 12461 Old 06-17-2016, 08:33 AM
LORDING

Rabble rabble rabble

TelAmeriCorp
post #12461 of 12461 Old 06-18-2016, 02:32 AM
Blue Lives Matter

'00 S10, 5.3L/T-56 swap under way, ext. cab, metallic space blue, FBSS
'02 S10, 4.3L Auto, ext. cab, olympic white, 3/2 lift, 31" tires - The old DD
'02 Ranger, 2.3L manual, ext. cab, island blue metallic, lowered 2/3 - The new DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page