Random Picture Thread! - Page 230 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Random Picture Thread!

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #11451
Yes, they're all mine

User is: OffLine
Re: Random Picture Thread!

Mucho kids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #11452
WTFWBJD

Easy to steal and there's probably a bunch around.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #11453
Ho-Ho-Neigh-Neigh!!

and a thousand ignorant soccer mom types who either leave them running while sitting out front of a store, or leave keys in them
Old 11-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #11454
A.Y.C.E.

Since the friggen weather and food poisoning ruined my vacation trip to Las Vegas to see Steel Panther and Judas Priest and then Kiss the next night. I got to stay home and finish my game room Pacman light I built from scratch. Will be building an Asteroids Deluxe, Defender and Galaxian one soon.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #11455
WTFWBJD

That's cool as shit.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #11456
Ho-Ho-Neigh-Neigh!!

guy I just hired at work is son of people who used to own the pizza slut here, and he has the pacman table/game that used to be in there.

i immediately threatened to fire him if he didn't give it to me, but i guess i'm going to have to fire him, he won't give it up
Old 11-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #11457
always something new

User is: Online

Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #11458

Quote: Originally Posted by 94ChevySS-10
Since the friggen weather and food poisoning ruined my vacation trip to Las Vegas to see Steel Panther and Judas Priest and then Kiss the next night. I got to stay home and finish my game room Pacman light I built from scratch. Will be building an Asteroids Deluxe, Defender and Galaxian one soon.
That looks amazing. What's involved in doing the graphics? I've been wanting to build an arcade-style cabinet but I figured it would look like shit without the details like that.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #11459
A.Y.C.E.

Thanks guys, appreciate the positive feedback. I thought I had an original idea but after doing some research on the net, I found posts of people doing these around 10 years ago.
As for the side art, I was planning on using stencils and spray paint to keep it looking authentic. My bosses wife has a stencil making printer but it cant do those details when it gets this small (Side is 6"x12"). I found some full size artwork jpegs on the net and shrunk it down to the right size. I live right across the street from a sign company and figured I would ask if they could do something like that. Well the ended up printing those out for me on vinyl and it looks pretty authentic (the whole side is a sticker). Cost me $30 for them but the end result was worth it, the asteroids deluxe and galaxian ones I am going to have them do those also, but the defender one I might try to do stencils for that one.
This guy was doing some pretty cool ones and he had a guy making stencils for him but not sure if he is still doing it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...rcade-marquees
He makes them generic but I am making them the exact shape of the game so it looks like they were cut right off the arcade game.
Some day I want to build a full size mame cabinet and there are a lot of companies and on Ebay that sell reproduction and custom graphics for cabinets. If I can get around to restore my Galaga and Track and Field games I am going through a place called Phoenix Arcade for silk screened reproduction side art and panel overlays.

If anyone is interested I can post up a couple more pics of it, kind of proud of it as it is something I built that actually turned out like it was suppose too!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #11460
WTFWBJD

I've seen the O.G. decal sets on ebay for a few different machines.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #11461
always something new

User is: Online

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.