Post random stuff from cellphone cameras: Part II - Page 259 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Post random stuff from cellphone cameras: Part II

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #12901
Molon Labe

User is: OffLine
Re: Post random stuff from cellphone cameras: Part II

Wow, I'm a little saddened by seeing a PERFECT body that might get scrapped.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #12902
Tech Mod

yeah, i am too. 104k, zero rust. i mean absolutely ZERO rust. if you wipe the dust off the frame there is gloss black factory paint underneith.... really sad but no title so......yeah. interior is mint too. We could file for a missing title but a buddy made the hard decision to use it for this project.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #12903
I don't feel tardy

found an old picture looking at original pictures of the house when we started the remodel 2 years ago. Jeeze, if I could go back I would just drive it like this. I lightened it up in Mac Preview, but this was just a random shot while my wife was moving it from the concrete to the gravel (you can see her and the dudes in the cab).
Old 07-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #12904
Founding member of DA

Quote: Originally Posted by beandip
yeah, i am too. 104k, zero rust. i mean absolutely ZERO rust. if you wipe the dust off the frame there is gloss black factory paint underneith.... really sad but no title so......yeah. interior is mint too. We could file for a missing title but a buddy made the hard decision to use it for this project.
if you had a previous reg. i could have gotten a title for it
all i would have needed was a bill of sale and the prev. reg then i could register it here in NH and get a title
Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #12905
I don't feel tardy

picked up grandmas new car yesterday. hit a deer, there was still some hide in the hood!

radiator was leaking pretty bad and it was about 50 miles from my house, I didnt want to pay for a tow. I used the black pepper trick, new antifreeze and a couple teaspoons of black pepper, in a mile the leak had stopped and the rad was holding 16psi

we even tried the AC on the way home, worked flawlessly. But it has some problems. The rear driveshaft has been taken out, so it is realtimeFWD instead of realtimeAWD. The front pads are gone so stopping is done carefully. Last night I got new pads rotors, radiator and upper control arms coming (the upper balljoints are toast). Today I cruised the yard for more parts. Found a donor hood and grille and rear gate, made a deal, $225, thats half what I paid for the whole car!

pulled of the duct tape and plastic and what was left of the gate

I told them to unplug the wiring of course they cut it. but me and 12v electronics are sympatico so no sweat

If you are a bodyman, you might want to look away. I used what I call the kansas frame machine, a big ratchet strap and an immovable object.

the core support was just bent and there was no reason to replace it, I got it back in almost perfect alignment in about 20 minutes.

I have new ebay headlights but I need to get the bumper cover popped out with a heat gun first.

Brakes and control arms and a badly needed valve cover gasket are next. My gorgeous wife spent all her time washing the kids and dirt (broken rear gate for who knows how long) from the interior, just a couple things to fix in there. I will be in it under 1200 including tags. grandma will be ecstatic, its exactly what she asked for.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #12906
Iron LS2 coming tomorrow.

I've straightened out 2 cars using that method- a '95 Geo Prizm (Corolla) and a '99 Buick Century. I used a forklift on the Century since it was my boss's dad's car and I was fixing it at work. The gaps were perfect once all the sheetmetal was back on.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #12907
ItAintNatural

Its similar to a frame rack in its most basic sense, but be careful, you dont realize just how much tension is on there
Old 07-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #12908
i don't like people

funny jersey uses the same Kansas method alot. why get technical it works just as good as the expensive machines lets call it the manual method.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #12909
DELIBERATE DESIGNS

I prefer the come alone, haha

Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #12910
2.2 Extremist

User is: Online

So I traded the 305 from our 85 Monte for a "awesome gaming computer". Its clear it was an older build, maybe 3-4 years ago. I'm not at all a computer guy but I have a friend that's very knowledgeable with computers so we tore into it for a cleaning it desperately needed and to inspect everything. Just a few pics of it...

Here you can see the dirtiness...

Yes the cpu cooler is CAKED!

Only running 2x2gb of ram. Decent sticks though. Kingston Hyper X blue. Will likely change to a 2x4gb sticks when all said and done.

Here's the cool part. An AMD Radeon 4870 x2 graphics card. Its an old unit but a top tier component when it was built.

Overall so far its looking ok. Of all things though, it has an under underpowered cheap Solid Gear 550 watt PSU. Graphics card will use 480 watts when fully loaded with out being overclocked. Not going to be gaming on this unit much anyways so yeah I could upgrade a lot of these components to make it better but it won't be necessary for my use. Neat to start learning about something I know little about nonetheless. Should be a cool learning experience to keep me occupied.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #12911
2.2 Extremist

Oh also, the funny part is it has 4 fans on it and 3 of them were setup as intake fans and the only exhaust fan is on the PSU and was mounted backwards making it just blow all the incoming air around the inside of the case. I did find the use of duct tape and many many zip ties. Cable routing inside was also not thought out very well as many of the connectors were being stressed as the wires were too short due to how they were routed/pinched.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #12912
Forever breaking this S10

Yeah, definitely quite a few years old. That's still on the 775 platform. At least it's Intel, though, and you can actually upgrade it to a decent processor that'll still partially hold its own to today's stuff. The graphics card shouldn't be that bad but definitely worthy of an upgrade.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #12913
2.2 Extremist

That's what we were finding. Its not a bad processor that's in it. Apparently that was upgraded to a slightly better one. We are in the middle of figuring out why the water cooler is not cooling properly. Appears it may have been installed wrong. Not making contact with the GPU. Graphics card is needing new thermal pads but otherwise looks in good shape still. Gonna keep fiddling with it and make sure nothings about to die and fire it up to see how well it works.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #12914

What do you mean by not working? Fan not coming on, not cooling well, or what? Did you clean off all the old thermal grease and apply new stuff or just reuse the stuff that's on there? New good grease has to be used every time.

That looks like an old Cooler Master AIO water cooler, which wasn't bad and didn't have many reliability issues, so I'd be surprised if the pump failed or something like that.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #12915
2.2 Extremist

Its actually a Cool It? Unit. Meaning it was made by cool master but came with a shittier fan lol. Well we pit new thermal paste and bolted it back down. Someone put washers on it and it spaced it too far from the CPU so of wasn't making contact. Friend just messaged me saying the temps are down now. He's monitoring everything at the moment and gonna five it a fire up soon. Sadly want to be there but got work in the A.M. so I just got home from his place. Getting a bit excited about it.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #12916

Best of luck! I know the troubles of dealing with someone else's crap, especially with computers.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #12917
2.2 Extremist

Thanks! Regardless of if it works good or just sucks it'll still be fun to toy with. For next to free its a damn nice setup. Plus I'm used to fixing everyone's crap as well.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:53 AM   #12918

Quote: Originally Posted by GMC Motorsports
Its actually a Cool It? Unit. Meaning it was made by cool master but came with a shittier fan lol. Well we pit new thermal paste and bolted it back down. Someone put washers on it and it spaced it too far from the CPU so of wasn't making contact. Friend just messaged me saying the temps are down now. He's monitoring everything at the moment and gonna five it a fire up soon. Sadly want to be there but got work in the A.M. so I just got home from his place. Getting a bit excited about it.

I was gonna say, it looks like the cooler isn't making full contact with the processor. There's supposed to be a very thin film of thermal paste, but I see a gob and about a third of the processor clean like the gob didn't even spread out fully.

That cooler works great if it's installed right because it pumps all the heat from the processor out the back instead of it just swirling around in the case or getting sucked through the video card.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #12919
CNC Plasma Cutting

worked overtime for a "safety event" my area command put on.

no, the pony is not actually used, it's just for public events lol

$1.3 million rig... makes me wish I was a fire fighter instead lol

there was a toy convention (mainly matchbox cars) held at the hotel same weekend as the safety event. I talked the hot wheels guy into donating a few cars (he gave me one box) for my bike partner and I to give out to kids when we're out riding around. Then his boss came around the corner and asked what we were doing and gave me the rest of the boxes I'm holding!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #12920

That's awesome dude.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #12921
Pocket Full of Shells

Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #12922
pot or kettle, or both

We've got that platform aerial up here, it's MASSIVE.. does everything, it's ridiculous and kinda gives me a chub lol
Old 07-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #12923
Molon Labe

Don't let any of your cop buddies hear you envied the hose draggers...

I know a handful of firefighters, they're crazy and have a really morbid sense of humor, especially if they are also EMTs or medics.

I know a lot of firefighters wish they could carry guns like cops do.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #12924

Got my front end done, 2005 Crown Vic clip and air struts installed with modified stock hardware. Won't make any claims as the first last or only, but most people bagging 03+ vic clips aren't running shocks, which I wasn't willing to do. Also ordered a MMW parallel four link and watts link for the rear.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #12925

Those wheels make me angry. lol
Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #12926
alway's changing somethin

hummmmmm , those wheels ?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #12927
Molon Labe

Just Grand Marquis wheels right?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #12928

Yup. Poopy panther wheels. Truck looks sweet though.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #12929

lol they're grand marquis wheels with snow tires, I use them as rollers while I'm working on it. I don't have any good pics of the wheels on yet, they're 22x11.

this was a test fit after i got the tires, before i worked on the air struts.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 AM   #12930
alway's changing somethin

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ,much better
Old 07-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #12931

Muy bueno.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #12932

I love me an old F100..
Old 07-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #12933
pot or kettle, or both

Are those rims similar to the old "Eleanor" wheels off the Gone in 60 Seconds car? I like them either way, but I thought I remembered something like that on that car too
Old 07-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #12934

Quote: Originally Posted by bricooper78
Are those rims similar to the old "Eleanor" wheels off the Gone in 60 Seconds car? I like them either way, but I thought I remembered something like that on that car too
Very similar, the spinners were 3-spoke but the wheels looks the same.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:00 PM   #12935
pot or kettle, or both

Alright, well that car gives me a stiffy, so I'm two thumbs (and a crank) up for those rims lmao
Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #12936

Quote: Originally Posted by bricooper78
Similar style, I have American Racing Daytona wheels. I actually decided on the wheels the day I bought the truck, just took a while to buy them.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #12937
Layin Frame

looks great hawk. keep the progress going. are you able to lay the k member on the ground? My tie rods just about cleared, had to shave a miniscule amount of aluminum to swing past. What air struts did you go with?
Old 07-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #12938
Resident Wetback

If he is going to junk it...i'd like some parts off of it, if possible. I have a 1990 that i'm building.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #12939

Quote: Originally Posted by 6ftdwn57
looks great hawk. keep the progress going. are you able to lay the k member on the ground? My tie rods just about cleared, had to shave a miniscule amount of aluminum to swing past. What air struts did you go with?
It's a bad angle, in the first pic the Vic crossmember is on the ground.

I'll put up a build thread when the rear end parts come in. I went with AirLift SlamAir shocks (same thing as shockwaves.) I had to clearance the crossmember and modify the stock top hats to fit them in. I have a bunch of pictures for the eventual build thread. I usually only get one day a week to work on it.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #12940
Extended cab or no cab.

I haven't posted any here lately but I have a lot. I'll leave this quick one from the cruise from Camp N Drag last weekend.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:10 AM   #12941
Tech Mod

^ nice. i've been driving the noma more lately and boy do i miss it....need to start working on it again .

at a buddies house helping him build a swing/playground set for his 3 and 4 year old. they had a wooden set they got for free, and the good o'l Oklahoma winds blew it down and demolished it into pieces (as seen in the background). so we basically copied it with some pipe and going to use some of the wood from the old set for the floors and sides. then attach the swings and slide.

It was really awkward trying to work up there, especially since the hydraulics on the bucket were bleeding down slowly, but it had to be done to reach it. its going to be buried 2ft in the ground so that's why its so tall.

Untitled by bean4dip, on Flickr
Old 07-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #12942
Yes, they're all mine

Quote: Originally Posted by cpolaris502
I haven't posted any here lately but I have a lot. I'll leave this quick one from the cruise from Camp N Drag last weekend.
Digging the coleman steel belted in the back as well
Old 07-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #12943
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4

Quote: Originally Posted by cpolaris502
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm truck bumper
Old 07-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #12944
Molon Labe

^ nice. i've been driving the noma more lately and boy do i miss it....need to start working on it again .

at a buddies house helping him build a swing/playground set for his 3 and 4 year old. they had a wooden set they got for free, and the good o'l Oklahoma winds blew it down and demolished it into pieces (as seen in the background). so we basically copied it with some pipe and going to use some of the wood from the old set for the floors and sides. then attach the swings and slide.

It was really awkward trying to work up there, especially since the hydraulics on the bucket were bleeding down slowly, but it had to be done to reach it. its going to be buried 2ft in the ground so that's why its so tall.

Untitled by bean4dip, on Flickr
I once did some tree trimming using this method, chained myself to the bucket just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.