Opinions on BMW 4.4 V8 in 5 series - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Opinions on BMW 4.4 V8 in 5 series

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Opinions on BMW 4.4 V8 in 5 series

Im lookin to get a dd so I can focus on my truck. I found a 98 540i with V8 4.4 n 6spd. I'm A mechanic for a living so not afraid of workin on it if need be but anyone have experience w these? Should I snatch it up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Better post-em.

Re: Opinions on BMW 4.4 V8 in 5 series

bajhahahahhahaha, better buy a gallon of lube when it breaks...insurance in the clouds, german engineering out the ass, id rather have a domestic beater with a heater...
Old 04-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Comitted Suicide

I've worked on plenty in my time, you will need specialty tools for any larger repairs, which you may already own being a technician. They are however pretty fantastic cars to drive and have just as many issues as any other vehicle brand.

BMW "lifetime" transmission oil is not lifetime. Control arms going bad are a pretty common occurrence, here on Michigan roads anyways.

You might want to become friends with someone who has access to a KTS or GT1 for scanning/programming deals.

That said I'm currently in the market for a 330xi
Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #4

i love german cars but hate working on them!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Quote: Originally Posted by YellowDime
I've worked on plenty in my time, you will need specialty tools for any larger repairs, which you may already own being a technician. They are however pretty fantastic cars to drive and have just as many issues as any other vehicle brand.

BMW "lifetime" transmission oil is not lifetime. Control arms going bad are a pretty common occurrence, here on Michigan roads anyways.

You might want to become friends with someone who has access to a KTS or GT1 for scanning/programming deals.

That said I'm currently in the market for a 330xi
Excellent! Probably go by Wednesday n check this one out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.