need some opinions (persuasive essay) - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

need some opinions (persuasive essay)

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
need some opinions (persuasive essay)

im writing a persuasive essay on why i think that drug testing should be mandatory for welfare recipients and a requirement is to get other peoples perspective and view on the subject. what better place then to ask then this forum.

so what do you guys think? any opinions for or against?

im just about done with the paper just want to add in other perspectives because mine is quite one sided.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #2

Re: need some opinions (persuasive essay)

hell yeah there should be. There should also be some kinda birth control going on too.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
limeade

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #4

look at this shit...

Quote:
The Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable search and seizure. [vi] Mandatory drug testing is considered a search, and courts have ruled that most drug testing programs can only be imposed if they serve special needs, usually related to public safety.
thats one reason why there's not. how the hell could anyone be against that?!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #5

There absolutely should be drug testing. If people's hard earned tax dollars are being distributed to people who "need" them, there should be some kind of safeguard to assure that the money isn't being wasted/taken advantage of. If someone is having difficulty surviving on their own and is so desperate for money that they are going to ask the government for assistance, then taking a drug test should not be an issue. If they can't pass the test, make them take and complete some type of narcotics anonymous or drug rehab class. If they can't get clean after that, no more free money.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
No Bull

i know a guy who gets 400 a month from food stamps, gets 700 for section 8, 500 a month to help with utilities and lives in a habitat for humanity house that he sells drugs out of. he drives an 08 escalade, i tell him he makes me sick and he says, shit if they gonna give it to me, might as well take it! when you have 3rd and 4th generation recipients of wellfare, the system is flawed...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #7

Yep the system is shitty - got a neighbor he"s 28 - says got arthritis real bad - but for some unseen miracle he can get up on his horse and ride all weekend long and then party with his buds when they go ridin four wheelers and plays softball on the weekends - seems to me he 's only arthritic during the week but he's cured when the weekend comes around-
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Suicided Member

There should be mandatory drug testing for welfare. I have to take a drug test to work at my job. It is my job that supplies the taxes for welfare, so why don't the people receiving my money have to take a drug test? If you have money for drugs, then you don't need my tax dollars. Just my $.02
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
Tech Contributor

Yes there should.....there should also be caps on the amount and length of welfare that one can get.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
02 shortbed owner

Drug testing and sterilization , a lady down the street has kids just for more welfare and child support , the whore drives a 07 escalade,doesnt even work. Its bs
Old 01-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
bagged on 20's.

i completely agree with this theory. most good jobs these days requires a drug test. dont pass, no job. same should go for welfare recipients. no pass, no money. i understand people have rough times, esepcially in this day and age. some people may actually need welfare but most welfare recipients are just using the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.