Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II - Page 55 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password


 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #2701
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II



http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4619975892.html
Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #2702
2.2 Extremist
 
GMC Motorsports's Avatar
 
Age: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,702
Location: Inverness, Florida
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Dafuq?
Old 08-22-2014, 04:09 AM   #2703
Registered User
 
plskthompson's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,300
Location: Goodspring, TN
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Original mini anyone???

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4619588705.html

1982 Chevy s-10 - $2000 (warrenton)


1982 Chevy s-10 fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean

1982 s-10 with hydraulics, camper shell, walk thru, no motor, no trans, pulled out to do a 350 engine swap, lost interest at the time.Truck has a lot of potential, in the right hand.

Willing to trade , for a short bed Chevy 1985,1986,1987 c 10
Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #2704
RPO Delete
 
tealtank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,061
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

http://lasalle.craigslist.org/bar/4622102424.html






Old 08-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #2705
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

lol Chevy Celebrity headlights.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #2706
2.2 Extremist
 
GMC Motorsports's Avatar
 
Age: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,702
Location: Inverness, Florida
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

I was gonna say the same but wasn't 100% on what they were.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #2707
Vandelay Industries
 
cruisinlows10's Avatar
 
Age: 34
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,312
Location: virginia
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Old 08-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #2708
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 123
Location: Arlington WA
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4597145574.html
Old 08-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #2709
'87 Backyard Build
 
Bennsb's Avatar
 
Age: 36
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 520
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

http://daytona.craigslist.org/pts/4580940395.html
Old 08-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #2710
Layin Frame
 
6ftdwn57's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 623
Location: Oxford PA
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/4623364210.html
Old 08-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #2711
Registered User
 
plskthompson's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,300
Location: Goodspring, TN
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by 6ftdwn57
Someone explain to me exactly what about that truck is rare.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #2712
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Because its a Mark III conversion. Not that that's the type of rare that anyone would give a shit about.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #2713
Registered User
 
plskthompson's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,300
Location: Goodspring, TN
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

I honestly never thought that the Mark III conversion was worth the extra cost. I found most of what was done horrible. But that's just me.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #2714
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Some people dig that Uncle Rico type shit.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #2715
Yes, they're all mine
 
pwtr02ss's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,706
Location: Tennessee
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

My dad bought one of those new in 1995. His was the teal green color, reg cab step side. It had the stickers down the side. Back in the day that damn truck got a shit load compliments. Again, this was in 1995, lol. Truck was like $28k back then and a loaded up z71 extended cab was like $22k. We had originally pulled in the dealership to look at the z71 because my dad wanted something extended cab and 4wd…then he saw the Mark III and fell in love.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #2716
It's a 4. something
 
scriptedmind's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,423
Location: Ward, AR
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

I remember one of my dads buddies had a pearl white and gray fade painted one. I thought it was the shit! but that was 20 years ago.

Now I look at them like "they screwed pieces of wood to shit and people paid extra for that?"
Old 08-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #2717
Trust Me
 
The Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,404
Location: Zegema Beach
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

We had alot like those up here back in the 90's, but it was a local company called "waldoch" and they did alot of that bolt-on jcwhitney shit, and a graphics package on the sides, that always reminded me of the reebok symbol lol. They were super popular up here in MN though.


edit; like this










Old 08-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #2718
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

I gotta agree with scriptedmind. lol I should have taken pictures of the S10 that I got my rear sway bar from. It was a ZQ8 truck, but it was a conversion...Starcraft maybe? I forget. Anyways, it had running boards and leather interior n junk. This one in particular was solid red but I've seen other around on occasion and they usually have the wacky stripes on them. I'll have to try to get some pics next time I see one around.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #2719
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Kind of just speaks for itself...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/4638553245.html

24 rims wheels tires - $1000 (mexicantown)



For sale 24 inch rims on toyo tires zize 255\30\24 great confition. 1 cap is a lil scratched .5 lugz universal they fit dodge nitro , s10. Asking 1000 obo . Will trade 4 22s + cash 5 lug for suv.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #2720
Registered User
 
plskthompson's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,300
Location: Goodspring, TN
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Aside from the name of the town and the misspelling of condition, I don't see anything very ridiculous about that post. As ugly as those wheels are, that's the going rate around here.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #2721
ItAintNatural
 
aaronweisler's Avatar
 
Age: 18
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 530
Location: Ontario
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

People are asking that for stock wheels around here

15" steelies for s10 with half tread go for about 400-500
Old 08-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #2722
2 CREW 4 U
 
LMs10crewcab's Avatar

 
Age: 20
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 558
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Those rims are so ugly, the problem is as soon as you drive around the rims are all faced different directions and it looks incredibly stupid.
Those are always on donk'ed Chevy caprice's painted bright colors with candy logos inside and out
Old 08-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #2723
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

How does that ad "speak for itself"?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #2724
.
 
96blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 32,601
Location: ?
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by plskthompson
Aside from the name of the town and the misspelling of condition, I don't see anything very ridiculous about that post. As ugly as those wheels are, that's the going rate around here.
This will be good.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #2725
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by plskthompson
Aside from the name of the town and the misspelling of condition, I don't see anything very ridiculous about that post. As ugly as those wheels are, that's the going rate around here.
The wheels themselves are what I thought were ridiculous.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #2726
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Yeah but how does it speak for itself?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #2727
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Good God, because they're ugly wheels and it fits the thread.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #2728
Registered User
 
plskthompson's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,300
Location: Goodspring, TN
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by NextName
Good God, because they're ugly wheels and it fits the thread.
This doesn't make that ad speak for itself. For that to happen, the ad would need to be ridiculous. As I have posted, and you obviously agree with through this quoted post, the only thing ridiculous about that ad other than the town name and a misspelled word is that the wheels are ugly.

They aren't ugly to everyone as evidenced by the fact that people put them on their cars. If being an ugly component is the only criteria needed for this thread, I'd could post a picture of your truck, or at least the one in your sig, because I believe those wheels are ugly and therefore, by your logic, ridiculous. Your argument is invalid.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #2729
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by plskthompson
This doesn't make that ad speak for itself. For that to happen, the ad would need to be ridiculous. As I have posted, and you obviously agree with through this quoted post, the only thing ridiculous about that ad other than the town name and a misspelled word is that the wheels are ugly.

They aren't ugly to everyone as evidenced by the fact that people put them on their cars. If being an ugly component is the only criteria needed for this thread, I'd could post a picture of your truck, or at least the one in your sig, because I believe those wheels are ugly and therefore, by your logic, ridiculous. Your argument is invalid.
I found they were ridiculous. That is enough justification to post them in this thread.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #2730
Registered User
 
plskthompson's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,300
Location: Goodspring, TN
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

You also said the ad spoke for itself, which it did not. So again, your argument and assessment is invalid.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #2731
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

This entire thread is based off of opinion. I found them to be ridiculous. I thought that was obvious, so I said it speaks for itself. You, apparently, do not find them to be ridiculous.

That's where this ends. We have different opinions and that's it.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #2732
Founding member of DA
 
pack of q tips's Avatar
 
Age: 32
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,109
Location: massachusetts
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

i dont think ugly=ridiculous therefor i have to agree just posting ugly stuff in here and this will turn into another hacked/ugly thread
Old 09-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #2733
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

So then ignore it and move on and that's where it ends. Or, that's where it would have ended if not for 96blazer, mostizzle, and now plskthompson, feeling compelled to comment on everything I write.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #2734
The S-10 Sensation
 
01BlueZQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,608
Location: SE Indiana
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

^You're a ****ing idiot. Shut up and leave
Old 09-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #2735
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that your comment had something to do with the Mexicantown part of the ad.
Quote: Originally Posted by 01BlueZQ8
^You're a ****ing idiot.
True story.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #2736
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by mostizzle
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that your comment had something to do with the Mexicantown part of the ad.

True story.
Uh... no. That's you assuming. I've been to Mexicantown many times and the name of it isn't any shocker.

How come you assume Mexicantown had something to do with this, though? Maybe some of your own stereotypes?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #2737
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Right. You ain't slick. You saying shit in a roundabout way and then saying that that isn't what you were trying to say seems to be a reoccurring theme in some of your posts.

You having been there ain't got shit to do with it.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #2738
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by mostizzle
Right. You ain't slick. You saying shit in a roundabout way and then saying that that isn't what you were trying to say seems to be a reoccurring theme in some of your posts.

You having been there ain't got shit to do with it.
Hop off the nuts and stick to the thread. Stop assuming you know what I'm saying at the same time.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #2739
Forever breaking this S10
 
NextName's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,807
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

I guess it's a bit different from your usual LS swap:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4646920883.html

1992 mazda miata 400 small block - $3500



Up forsale is a mazda miata with a chevy 400 small block swap. The car cranks but I can't get it to start. The car did start before but now it's just not starting. So it's going up forsale. It's original color was black but it's been spray painted black. It has a jegz fuel cell in the trunk of the car and holly 4 barrel carb. Peanut butter interior, that bar that goes behind the seats,wipers work, aftermarket radio works, super tach 2, sunpro oil, temp, and volt gauges. B&m shuffle shifter, th350 auto trans, thunderbird rear end, and street pro distributor. The car is going to need the radiator brackets to be welded on and headlight motors for the pop up lights. I want this gone so I can start another project. Call/text
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #2740
The S-10 Sensation
 
01BlueZQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,608
Location: SE Indiana
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

How to: Ruin a Miata
Old 09-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #2741
.
 
mostizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 27,705
Location: 1800 Crenshaw
User is: OffLine
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II

Quote: Originally Posted by NextName
Hop off the nuts and stick to the thread. Stop assuming you know what I'm saying at the same time.
Grow some, Sally. And like I said, you ain't slick.


Yeah, small blocks in Miatas. Pretty ridiculous.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #2742
2 CREW 4 U
 
LMs10crewcab's Avatar

 
Age: 20
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 558
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
User is: Online
Re: Most Ridiculous finds on Craigslist volume II



http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4642427210.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.