Its racing season down here in the south.... - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Its racing season down here in the south....

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
SSRT-S10

User is: OffLine
Its racing season down here in the south....

I just thought I woould post some pics of the mini-stocker me and my buds run down here... we just got the body re-done.. and this is the 6/th year we will be running this car... Its an 86 mustang.., that we got give to us. running a seriously STOCK 2.3 litre motor... (yes, damit, I said STOCK!! - the rules require it....) =(

Enjoy the pics...

When we started... and rebuild and reinstalled the trans...

After the paint job and lettering....

This is what the (HAHAHA) competition will see....ROTFLMAO !!

Come on down and watch us do our best to win in swainsboro, GA.

L8taz,
Allen
Old 04-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Budget Ballin FTS!

Re: Its racing season down here in the south....

Nice!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
DIZZLE

our season starts this upcoming saturday.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
SSRT-S10

hows this for yaz....:

took it to the races..., won all three heat races...., then when we checked out motor.., I argued that my bro tony had "over-filled" the dang thing with oil....(tony was drunker than a 3 dollar slut at a frat party...) ..., so I made them go to town and get me the oil and filter so I could change the oil asap....
dennis..(the guy we gave 50 bucks to for the oil/filter) comes back with 2 cases of beer and says he forgot to get what we sent him for.... By this time.., I'm mad as hell and just say F**k it !! and proceed to siphon some oil out the motor...

anywayz.., to make this short..., in main race.., we lapped them 3 times..., tim calls in that he smells something burning..., on next lap.., engine explodes in a ball of fire due to the #1 piston decided to go sidewayz instead of straight up....snapping the entire front of block into and totally destroying the new 900.00 head we just got paid for....
As for the REASON? why ? The front cylinder was sleeved and machined out to the max... I told tony that block was crap..., he decided to use it anywayz and not tell me about it....( I banned him from beer if he wants to work on the car....lol)

You might as well say the we're out of the racing biz for a wee bit until the sponsers and us come up with the cash to build a complete new engine.... (another 25-3000.00 dollars....) OUCH!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
SSRT-S10

Oh..., forgot to add..., we won the car show with it.... first place...(5 ft tall trophy) and 500.00 ..... (which got eat up for the gas to get there.., the gas to run race..., the entry fees for about 20 of us..., and all the food..(we cooked our own in the pits).., and the pit entry fees...
and lastly..., the cleanup we had to pay to get our motor pieces off the track..(what was left of it...)...lol

I guess that is racing for yaz....
Old 04-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Gear Head

dang I came in here thinking it was about NASCAR.. but I used to go to dirt track races with my dad when I was younger.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Budget Ballin FTS!

We used to be at the track every saturday night. Not so much lately.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
What rules?

my race car lol

Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
Budget Ballin FTS!

Ballin! But for real. You have fun in it right? Thats all that matters!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
What rules?

i do, wet clay track, slidin it like made beatin on full size cars with motor work done to them and i rock a 4 banger volvo with a auto and a open diff and shitty street tires
Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Budget Ballin FTS!

As long as its fun. I need to find me a little beater to take to the track lol
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Air ride & Audio

You said completely stock motor. So why 3k for a rebuild?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
DIZZLE

this is our car.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
SSRT-S10

s10gmconversion - The rule books state "it must be a stock motor" or you get disqualified. The 3000.00 is to carry it to S.C. to a custom Motor machine shop to do a lot of "tricks" to the engine and to have the head and cam custom made for us. ( our "tech" guys at the track have good "kung-fu"..., but Johnson's race shop "kung-fu" is better !!!)
He can do miracles with a 2300 four cylinder...!!!

Chuckles - Sweet ride ya got there !!

BrandonR - A bud of mine has got a monza made into a prostreet bracket racer.... it a very fast ride... Yur Daytona looks Awesome as well !!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
I don't feel tardy

they have that racing series here too, I liked hearing those tortured 4 poppers screaming at 7k.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #16
Budget Ballin FTS!

Nightmare thanks! Just a little info about it is a little solid aluminum 572, Sunny Briant crank, powerglide, MSD Big ten ignition (those of you who know what that is, know thats enough power to run a couple of houses lol) full NHRA tube chassis. Certified to run 200mph, and make a little over 1060hp all motor...... with a 500shot fogger set up I would love to drop this motor in my mini lol
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
SSRT-S10

There once was a guy that lived around where I work at that had the square body style s10 with a 383 stroker with a 6/71 Blower, nitrous, a ton of go-fast goodies, and a manual shift-auto trans in it. You could hear it coming a mile away ! (no exhausts !! just straight zoomie headers thru the hood !!) Man.., was it f-a-s-t !!! He once told me along while back, that he could get on a bad day 6-7 sec in a 1/4 mile with it, but he never stated to me what it would do on a good day !
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
Budget Ballin FTS!

We figure this one would run low 6's in the 1/4 but we only run 1/8 here. 4.90s all day. and with the bottle and time advanced to make more power, we have saw a best ever of 4.10s 2 passes in a row. Then the power glide said bye bye around the 60ft line :/ lol
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #19
It's a trap!

We race limited modifieds, moving up to ump mod next year.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #20

Modifieds are my favorite class
Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
MonkeyNoma

My soon to be Father in law used to run his Late model Team From here at the House it was Car 90 With Driver Gary Sthuler
I wish i could find the pics lol he had a all aluminum 434 for 2 years i wanted to put in my noma
Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #22
GM

This is a great thread, keep the pics coming.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #23
DIZZLE

scruffy that is some sick vinyl
Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
I own <several ties>

Friend of ours on the left in the 98 car. It's all black this year though.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #25
Check your ground

Dirt track racing is awesome. I went a few years back to a small one in Louisiana. It was cool hearing the open header V8s and getting hit with mud in the stands.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
It's a trap!

Test and tune was today, they said the car was doing better than ever but then they had tranny problems.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #27
SSRT-S10

Talking Re: Its racing season down here in the south....

We FINALLY got us a new block.., and got the head overnighted this past wednesday.., took off thursday to go to S.C. .... got all back together by Friday..., broke engine in friday night at try-outs... (hehehe..., we smoked them..lol)

took it to races saturday and race the crap out of it..., smoked them again....

due to some B.S. the traack owner came up with, they shot us to the rear of the pack.... in main race on first lap...(we all wanted to beat somebody's butt for that...) Then someone wrecked...caution out...
we restarted..., caught up to leader on 3/rd lap and shoved his wanna be baddassed-behind on turn 3 into the wall....(rotflmao!!) and the we lapped the track in 2-3 more laps...

After a couple more laps..,they had several cautions.., for which we lost the lead..., but managed to get to 2/nd place before race ended.... (oh well.., I know it runs like the lil beast it is...)

So next Saturday.., I will be there turning wrenches. We got promised, by 3 other teams, that if we bring the game like we did again, that we will get severely protested at $400.00(their cost.., not ours..) a pop....I cant wait to show them how stock this baby is....ROTFLMMFAOATS!!!

I sure wished I had a video camera..., I would love to show ya'll just how fast this lil skeeter does !!!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #28
It's a trap!

Went to a big local race tonight. There were 12 emods and 27 ump modifieds. We got 4th in the emod heat and had to pull off during the feature due to some dizzy trouble. Also we had some fuel problems. We switched to running e85 this year and was having some vapor lock trouble. A local racer (Chad Boone) won the ump modifed race against some of the best drivers in the nation. It was a pretty good night and I'll see about getting some pics up tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #29
It's a trap!

Well it rained out at our usual track Saturday, so we went and watched the world of outlaws sprint cars at tristate speedway in Haubstadt Indiana. Sunday we went out and won our heat race at another local track, then bent a valve in the feature and finished 4th. Here's some pictures from the last two weekends.

Sunday night

last saturday

Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #30
It's a trap!

Who all's racing this weekend? Let's see some pics!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
I own <several ties>

I'll take some pics tonight
Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #32
SSRT-S10

2 weeks ago..., we won...lapped them twice in heat and final...
last week..., smoked them in heat.., 2 laps left.., lost oil pressure.. had to stop.... the new head had issues... one of the cam holders split in half and totally destroyed the cam,2 valves, and just made a total mess of the engine... (metal everywhere in it..) We spent every night this week except wedsday night working on this deal... many trips to S.C...., had it all back by Thursday... and running that night....
We redid rear end last night. We tweaked alot of other little things.., redid camber/caster and toe. Took it for a midnight drive down main street to test it out...LOL ( A local cop stopped us and told us it sounded awesome - turns out he is a fan, but we need to keep it on the dirt. No ticket !! LOL)

We run again tonight... Its a hot temp night.., so steet slickies are on and staggard... And So for right now.., i'm headed to take me a nap. I know I got a long night ahead of me. Wish us luck !! ($1000.00 -1/st | 500.00=2/d | and 250.00 = 3/rd) Sorry I got no pics..., But I got an audio of engine running....I just got to figure out how to get it to post on here...
Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #33
SSRT-S10

Oh and we got 2/nd place... An out-of towner with a "hog-legg" motor smoked us!! well almost..., in the corners, we were trying to push him out the race....lol.. but in the straight-a-ways.., he left us in the dust...

I want him to come back for the next big race...., we just got us a 2.7 "hog-legg" ourselves.... (yes.., it illegal.., but if they allow him to win with one.., why cant we?)...Mwahahaha !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.