Home Depot Employees.. - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Home Depot Employees..

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
LSX LUV Owner

User is: OffLine
Home Depot Employees..

Ok i got hired onto home depot.. did the 3 days orientation and now starting the 2 days of computer training.. did everyone else have to do all this shit to work there? im going to be working frieght so like i dont see why i need like half this training since im gonna have like no contact with customers.. the computer training is going to take me forever. i had hardcore add and like yeah i was there from 1145-4 and i only got 2 lesson things done and they were supposed to be 30 minutes each i think.. i just find this like nonsense to have this much orientation shit for home depot and for the position im going to be working.. so yeah kinda just a rant/ asking if everyone else working there/worked there had to do this..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
Anybody got 20's?

Re: Home Depot Employees..

Quote: Originally Posted by Wicked Mayhem
Ok i got hired onto home depot.. did the 3 days orientation and now starting the 2 days of computer training.. did everyone else have to do all this shit to work there? im going to be working frieght so like i dont see why i need like half this training since im gonna have like no contact with customers.. the computer training is going to take me forever. i had hardcore add and like yeah i was there from 1145-4 and i only got 2 lesson things done and they were supposed to be 30 minutes each i think.. i just find this like nonsense to have this much orientation shit for home depot and for the position im going to be working.. so yeah kinda just a rant/ asking if everyone else working there/worked there had to do this..
Back in the day I had to have a weeks worth of trainining at Lowes to become a Loader/buggy pusher. Haha I started out at $6.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
stuck static

hell yea i had to do that shit, it sucked but its a job and it pays the bills! the training took forever and a damned day
Old 05-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
XCENTRIC CUSTOMS!

dude i worked for one out here in louisiana, it sucked, well i had to do all that training and stuff, i was buggy pusher/loader the best part of my job was the fork lift i had to drive all the time the training sucks but have fun with that job man it sucks balls, home depot over here is a bunch of asses and i will rather go to lowes.

Last edited by lowsdime514; 05-15-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
LSX LUV Owner

ok well at least i know everyone else had to do the gay training crap.. im gonna be non tired tomorow and actually get sleep tonite so iam gonna try n bust ass n get it done..
Old 05-16-2006, 01:49 AM   #6
no more S10

Are you getting paid to take the tests and training and stuff? If so, take as much time as you can!!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:57 AM   #7
stuck static

Quote: Originally Posted by NCarolinaS10
Are you getting paid to take the tests and training and stuff? If so, take as much time as you can!!
****in right you do! and thats definitly what i did
Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 AM   #8

Home Depot sucks balls! My wife and I worked there when I was in college. They made her work cashier while she was preg. even though she had a doctors letter telling them no lifting/chemicals. Home Depot also fired me 4 days before the semester was over so they canceled ALL my student reimbursment. I was ****ING pissed and swore to never shop at Home Depot again. RANT
Old 05-16-2006, 02:33 AM   #9
stuck static

Quote: Originally Posted by SSMUFF
Home Depot sucks balls! My wife and I worked there when I was in college. They made her work cashier while she was preg. even though she had a doctors letter telling them no lifting/chemicals. Home Depot also fired me 4 days before the semester was over so they canceled ALL my student reimbursment. I was ****ING pissed and swore to never shop at Home Depot again. RANT
I think it just depends on your management and how much corperate is on there asses
Old 05-16-2006, 02:51 AM   #10
no more S10

Quote: Originally Posted by lowxpectationz20
****in right you do! and thats definitly what i did
Yeah, I just remember when I was hired at my current job I was paid to watch all kinds of vidoes, take tests, and do paper work. I almost took up a whole shift doing that garbage.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:25 AM   #11
GMtruckHQ

Quote: Originally Posted by SSMUFF
sucks for j0000
Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #12
I got nothing...

Did you have to do some stupid Home Depot cheer during the training? I can't remember how it went but it was supposed to promote teamwork and raise moral... suuuure. I worked there as a loader/cart pusher about 7 yrs ago. That stupid training lasted a week and I hated every minute of it but was paid $10/hr. Oh, and I felt like an ass wearing the damn apron. That job lasted a summer.

-Kevin
Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #13
Director O' Forum

ya, you'll have to do a buncha them for freight, but not as much for a cashier, thier training is straight 40 hours for that. I was in receving, daytime receiver from when I started until about a year ago when they moved me to delivery coord. my management is hella cool
Old 05-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #14
Slingin ink

well i work at walmart and i had to do orientation and i spent 2 days on computre training and you still have to do them every once in a while. pain in the ass cause they have like 5 pcs for all they employes
Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #15
LSX LUV Owner

Quote: Originally Posted by Ozwald
Did you have to do some stupid Home Depot cheer during the training? I can't remember how it went but it was supposed to promote teamwork and raise moral... suuuure. I worked there as a loader/cart pusher about 7 yrs ago. That stupid training lasted a week and I hated every minute of it but was paid $10/hr. Oh, and I felt like an ass wearing the damn apron. That job lasted a summer.

-Kevin

hah.. 2 guys came in to talk to us and they did it when they were about to leave n they were WAY to into it.. and one of the dudes was behind the other one screaming in his ear like butt raping him i as like wtf.. i am not doin that shit..
Old 05-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #16
LSX LUV Owner

leavin in a lil bit to go do more computer training.. wonder if im gonna get in truble.. casue yesterday i got there at noon n i was like falling asleep the whole time n stuff n like i walked by his office at 4 and the dude wasnt in there so i decided to leave lol.. o well ima try n do like a full 8 hours today...
Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #17
Po-Po User

i bought some screws and wood at home depot once :shrug:
Old 05-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
Director O' Forum

just keep clicking next and take the test at the end. what store number is it so I can call y0 ass!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #19
I just cummed.

I worked at Lowes as a buggy collector. It only lasted a few weeks. I will never shop there.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:49 PM   #20

In my area I always shop at lowes..

For instance.. I was interested in buying a specific 430.00 air compressor. Had my mind set on it, before I even walked in the doors.. It took me about 45 minutes from the time i walked in the door till the time the guy told me they didn't have one in stock..

My dad & I then drove about 30 minutes away to a differant location.. Same shit.. Just not as bad.. i had asked people "Can someone help me in the air compressors section" and the first dude I asked said "What do you want?"

I said.. Oh never mind. If it's such a bother for you to do your job i'll just find somebody else. Which I spent 15 minutes trying to do, and they called someone over.. And this skinny ass old dude comes over with a hand cart..

I tell his stupid ass to go back and get a pallet jack.. Took him over 20 minutes to do that.. Got that bitch outside, and then we got the first employee that gave a damn about his job (put it in the back of my dads truck).. Tipped his ass 20 bucks right in front of the old dude.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #21

I just applied there for freight and lot attendant, thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.