anyone ever locked their keey in their Jeep Liberty? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

anyone ever locked their keey in their Jeep Liberty?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > OT Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Tommy

anyone ever locked their keey in their Jeep Liberty?

Well guys.. My sister locked her keys in her Jeep Liberty. So I was going to see if I could get it unlocked for her trying the old shim and coat hanger method. Well the coat hanger won't reach the unlock button, and I can't get my hoop to go around the unlock knob.

I had another idea though.. on the bottom of the window is a piece of plastic trim that goes all along the window frame and then under the mirror. It seems to just lift up (except for where the mirror holds it down)

My thoughts were that if i removed that piece of trim I may be able to get my hanger and hook down inside the door to unlock it that way.

Anyone have any experience with Jeep Liberties? It's a 2002 model.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
Mr. Sparkle

User is: OffLine
Re: anyone ever locked their keey in their Jeep Liberty?

Call a locksmith?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
Better post-em.

does it have a sunroof? did she latch it?

i dunno, id try with the coathanger some more.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:28 AM   #4
awd equipped

the jeeps have the pull up types of locks next to the glass right? i use to work at a dealership and the best thing i figured out for all dodges/jeeps/chryslers is the plastic strapping that comes on some boxes and whatnot. get one thats pretty long, fold it in half, and get the loop part slid in between the door and weather stripping, kind of working from the top. get the loop around the lock and pull up. ive done it a million times, b/c i was prone to lock keys in them lol.

stuff like this

Last edited by stalephotograph; 01-27-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
Tommy

figured out a cool trick..

Take your straightened out coat hanger and take a piece of string. make a loop in the end of the coat hanger, but as small of a loop as u can manage. Pliers are a must.

Take your piece of string and create a lasso. run the string through the metal loop insert into car through door jam. Then you can put the lasso around the pull up door lock pull the string and bam! pull up and shut off the alarm.

The string also allows you to maneuver the coat hanger alot better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.