S-10 Forum banner

Coilover and brakes ??

13K views 55 replies 18 participants last post by  off camber 
#1 ·
ok so i dont ever post lol. so anyways im building my 88s10 putting qa1 coils up front. now should i keep my stock spindles or use my belltech blazer 2 inch drop spindles. i dont know it they make a difference with the coilover setup.
also i was planning on upgrading the front brakes and using the blazer spindles with the vette brake upgrade ill be doing while im there.
truck is going to be getting a lsx swap. thanks for the help in advance.:cool:

#4 ·
ATS spindle and Z51 brakes.

#6 ·
Correct.

#7 ·
It all depends on how much money you want to spend and what wheels you plan to run. If you already own the blazer spindles then might as well install them. Have you looked into doing the tall ball joints while you've got the suspension torn down? Will your wheels clear the corvette brakes? Vette brakes are a good choice, but aren't the only option. I made a set of brackets and am using evolution 8 rotors and brembos.

#8 ·
yea im not going to sink that kind if money into it at this moment. id love to get them but i can spend that money on something else like finishing my ls swap. i can get a set of front brakes pretty cheap from a friend that is now having a baby. also i own blazer spindles already.

#10 ·
Not sure to be honest.

#13 ·
13.5" iirc

#17 ·
the z06 rotors / CTS-V calipers will fit behind a 17" ZR1 wheel.

#20 ·
aftermarket wheels are hit and miss. my 17" drags wont clear this setup

#19 ·
There is a guy on here with 13" rotors and brembo 4 pistons off a evo behind early ZQ8's

#21 ·
4 piston CTS-v's
Should have mentioned that.

#24 ·
Not on my shit on a F-body.

#25 ·
#27 ·
would be good to know.

this thread got me searching shit on google and i came across this. the "4rth gen" is what we call "ls1". "stock" would be 3rd gen camaro, which is very similar to the s10. and i believe "SS camaro" refers to the 5th gen

#28 ·
I have, a set of the brembo's from a 2012 here and there fairly large...

I can post the brackets ive designed if anybody wants?

Its a simple simple simple bracket.

#30 ·
Yes. I Can supply it in .DXF format.

Heres a hint.. its almost identical to a 4th gen bracket.

#32 ·
PM me your email.

#34 ·
Its basically a 4th gen LS1 brake swap bracket. thats it. well and a stock rotor turned down to fit the z06 rotor.

#36 ·
all rotor specs and dimensions are published by multiple companys, go research. rockauto.com, bendix.com etc.

#45 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.