S-10 Forum banner

Syclone second gen project starts TODAY!

13K views 165 replies 23 participants last post by  s10slave 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I've read every thread I can on both ours and syty forum. I have the full drive train from the transfer case up including the diff and bolt in axel swap. I'm rebuilding the b.w. 4472 transfer case bearings and chains. I'm sticking with the auto for now but I'm looking into the t56 swap. I'm still thinking about motors now but for fun I'm tossing in a 100 shot into the 4.3 for fun until it blows. In all reality my goal is to make this as factory looking as possible and thanks to some great company's that I found thanks to members I can keep the factory everything in the interior electronic wise. I haven't seen a video anywhere of one running and driving in the u.s. and have always dreamed of what g.m. would have done if it was produced. I'll post detailed pictures as I go along!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
The t56 is a hope and dream right now I'm using a 60e trans that came with it. I ordered the beef up kit and am trying to figure out which motor swap I can afford with it. The donor parts truck will be here Monday ish I believe, I'll spend a week or so taking bother trucks apart and swapping parts. I do have a 100 shot of juice I might play with until the stock motor blows, I have no clue. For now the main thing is rebuilding the b.w. 4472 t-case and mating it in. I'm having a hard time figuring out rear drive shaft lengths. It's a standard cab short bed 4x4 and it came without a driveshaft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Did you re use the front diff or do I have to buy a new one for the awd?
You can use an AWD front diff from a Bravada or Astro/Safari van. Any year up to 1996 will be bolt on CV axles.

You can use the 4WD front diff if you wish. Some people engage the axle disconnect permanently, or weld it locked.

I prefer an AWD diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.