S-10 Forum banner

The blazerlow project

12K views 92 replies 25 participants last post by  blazerlow 
#1 ·
Figured I’d start a thread on my ’83 2 door blazer after all these years. I’ve owned it since High school back in 2000. It already had a 400 S.B.C with a TH350 and was static lowered with heated coils and bad shocks.

Drove it like that for a while, tore down the suspension and replaced shocks and springs and started some body mods and drove it like that for a while again. All ugly and primer bombed in multiple colors. Then decided to tear it down again and go for bags and a body drop with 20’s.

Here are a ton of pics.

This is how I bought it, and the 72 Blazer was also mine. It’s been sold since.

back in 2005 ish era

beginning the tear down for bags and body drop

See less See more
#8 ·

I will have a couple access panels to get at the bags, compressors, and tanks that will all be under the floor.

Still need to make the access panels, trans and driveshaft tunnel and firewall.

I’m running a manual steering rack with an electra steer electric power steering unit.

Lots of work left to do.

#18 ·
GotchaDef : It's my Dad's 2 car garage. It's pretty good size. The 20's fit with no problems at all. I have room to spare. I am running SD upper and lower control arms with a 2" drop spindle.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm surprised at how many people like my ugly primer bomb job lol. It's just what I had back in the day when I didn't know much about body work.

This past weekend I made some progress by finishing the driveshaft tunnel and started the trans. tunnel. Then decided to move up to making the firewall. But first I'm working on relocating the wiper motor to the inside under the dash so I need to modify the wiper transmission parts.

I'll be working on it again this weekend and post some pics.

#21 ·
Did some work this last weekend.

I have a rough shape for part of the trans tunnel. Still needs some trimming and Epoxy before I weld it in.

Also got my steering shaft installed to the manual rack. Measured for a steering column that I plan on ordering soon. And started on the left front wheel tub and firewall area. Just got the general shape I wanted and will trim them to fit better next time I work on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.