S-10 Forum banner

Stewzer's Project

12K views 150 replies 27 participants last post by  01BlueZQ8 
#1 ·
Well I figured I should do a project thread on my truck since there is so much I , want to do with it (and I would love some advice). Because I am such a slacker, I have no pics as of now and I have already started into the work. I bought a 94 S10 2.2 5-speed with an extended cab somehow it also is a 3 door....

So far I have changed the vacuum lines, thermostat, flushed the cooling system, put in a K&N air filter, fixed the heater, installed ventshades, and removed some vinyl graphics from the sides. Its going to need some body work and paint, bumper repair, interior overhaul new audio and more.

I'd like to go with ZQ8 suspension, power windows and locks, new steering wheel soft tonneau cover and a couple other things, I will try to get pics up as soon as I can. Oh and I do have pics of the graphics I removed but can't upload them at this time.

#56 ·
The peeling clear is no fun, I'm a little irritated at the speed of this project but at this time there are some more pressing issues. On Sunday my grandpa had a heart attack and also had a couple other infections. Today I'm in Akron at the hospital as our "family" person for today. Right now he is on a ventilator and is improving. However, this is the second time he has had pneumonia since March.

#58 ·
I'm going to swap it out with my car this weekend, going to need it to move soon, grandpa is doing better and its looking like he is going to go into assisted living after this.

#60 ·
Thanks, he's still going to be in the hospital for a little bit.
Well, I didn't get the job in Nashville, so there should be some progress with my truck soon, I'm going to go ahead and do the head myself since I will have the time after school lets out.

#62 ·
Yeah, plugged right in, but its a 94, so one year only stuff. Deathpheonix99 aka Phil did the the write up on how to change the mileage for me. With yours being a 99 its a whole different ballgame.

#64 ·
Glad I could inspire you, I miss mine really bad right now, Haven't driven it it about 5 months now.

#66 ·
I know its been used, just not by me :(

#68 ·
My other car is a rough looking 2001 Cav 5 speed coupe. My grandpa was moved form critical care this last weekend is going to be going into a acute care facility tomorrow, maybe.

I'm going to get on the Cylinder head hopefully early next week, hopefully going to rent a bay at the hobby shop on Wright-Patterson (my mom is in the Air Force there) to work in and have some air power to make everything that doesn't need torqued go quicker.

#70 ·
I also want to get a headlight buffer kit, do my headlights, tails and gauge bezel

#71 ·
Got some parts today, Pics to come later!

#73 ·

There are all the parts.

#75 ·
I did get an exciting part, but I for got to snap a pic before if went in. I got an OBX header and those things heat up quick, I'm going to end up putting heat wrap on it to keep under hood temps down.

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot, I broke a rocker arm stud, Exhaust on number 1 so I have to figure out the part number and replace it, as well as go through the process of properly setting the valves on a 2.2.

#77 ·
Okay, well I got an OBX header, and its awesome, Still need to take a pic of it installed though.

#78 ·
so yall just ignored the guy about the alphabet? lol. Like it never happened?

its coming along nicely. any more updates?

#79 ·
I figured it was just a spam post.

No new updates, I have to fix a ground that started acting up in August causing it to not want to start. It's been back at home while I'm at school

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.