something ive always wanted to build.. - Page 10 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

something ive always wanted to build..

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #451
Super Saiyan User

User is: OffLine
Re: something ive always wanted to build..

Keep up the good work man. Happy to hear its going to get finished. Easily the coolest 88 Plymouth I've ever seen lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #452
Registered abUser

Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonball98312
Keep up the good work man. Happy to hear its going to get finished. The only cool 88 Plymouth I've ever seen lol
Fixed
Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 AM   #453
sick & twisted

lol thanks. ill get some pics 2moro. i got another piece 2 cut then ill be happy with the trunk.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:48 AM   #454
Beams for the HATERS

Good to see that you're still posting and building Zac
Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #455
sick & twisted

dane! i seen you joined the AF and were in Korea. Thanks for your service bud! i was wondering why i hadnt heard from you in so long. Im still building. slowly but surely. been all over and busy traveling every weekend. so i usually do shit during the week. i seen my ranger all tucked away the other day and got kinda bummed about it and starting thinking about some crazy shit to get it back together...i cant wait to see your ranger done!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #456
Beams for the HATERS

Quote: Originally Posted by 1sikPuP
dane! i seen you joined the AF and were in Korea. Thanks for your service bud! i was wondering why i hadnt heard from you in so long. Im still building. slowly but surely. been all over and busy traveling every weekend. so i usually do shit during the week. i seen my ranger all tucked away the other day and got kinda bummed about it and starting thinking about some crazy shit to get it back together...i cant wait to see your ranger done!
You still have it? I thought you got rid of it man? Thats awesome to hear

I want to see mine done as well man, I was thinking about it the other day and decided to check RPS and here, man the forums seem dead don't they? I guess mini trucks aren't cool anymore?
Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #457
V8 with bags

nope, they arent real popular anymore. Which is good and bad. Less of them around, but harder to get parts and info on. They will be cool again one day lol
Old 09-03-2014, 01:41 AM   #458
Beams for the HATERS

Quote: Originally Posted by V8Blaze
nope, they arent real popular anymore. Which is good and bad. Less of them around, but harder to get parts and info on. They will be cool again one day lol
Always cool to me. So effff them bandwagons

Is crime pays and twisted inc. still around LOL? I still watch my DVDs, crazy to think that to some those may be retro
Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #459
sick & twisted

yeah the forums have really gone downhill in the past couple years. i used to love getting on build threads and see some good quality work. honestly it seems like everything ive checked out lately has been "i pulled the interior and spray painted it" or "i installed some new killer blue dome lights" or some shit like that. And no offense to anyone. i just enjoy looking at true custom work, some good quality built at home in a garage kinda things. i also enjoy shop build ups but ill always respect the guy that has absolutely no crazy tools at home and uses whatever they can get their hands on. mini truckin mag went downhill really bad in the past 5 years, and didnt really suprise me when they shut down. The only things really left to keep this thing alive are the people that enjoy it, and it seems like its dying out. i know a lot of people who have built some really nice rides and ended up selling them and jumped into the hot rod scene, because they went to shows and some punk ass kids acting ridiculous, and just pissed that they were getting a bad name over some kids...it really sucks and i started to feel the same way. i dont hardly ever go to shows, and ive hit almost every show on the east coast for years and years and its lost its spark to me.

/rant...

lol
Old 09-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #460

I wish I had the ability to do custom work. But as it is my blazer is also my daily driver and I don't even have a garage. If I ever do get a garage I would love to build a 2wd late 70s or early 80s Toyota pickup.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #461
sick & twisted

i understand completely, I didn't have a garage for a long time, so id buy all my parts and had everything waiting. then I said screw it, and started tearing something apart. Ive always had at least 3 vehicles at one time. right now I have 5.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #462
Boozebag

I have a shop full of tools and almost ZERO time to do any build remotely resembling this. I can't tie up a bay for any length of time...
Closest I can come to this is installing engines where they don't belong. It takes a quarter of the time - comparetivley speaking.

Great work, nice choice of shell/chassis...

Now GIT ER DONE!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 AM   #463
Beams for the HATERS

Its sad, but it is what it is man. I know my truck aint going anywhere, and even if Im the only one on the road driving a bagged truck oh well HAHA

You got rid of the ranger didn't you?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #464
sick & twisted

nope. still have the ranger, its sitting in a garage at my rental house. i dont have a frame or drivetrain for it anymore, but i kept the entire body. id like to redo a lot of things on it that i was never happy with. id like to redo the firewall and floor. i may look for a stock s10 frame just to make it a roller again and build the new floor and firewall. maybe even just use the stock s10 floor and make fillers for the side so basically body it again. but id like to buy an s10 with no title or something so i can just use the frame/drivetrain and dump the body. OR maybe you can get a new frame built for yours with a yota clip and sell me your old frame lol
Old 09-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #465
Beams for the HATERS

Quote: Originally Posted by 1sikPuP
maybe you can get a new frame built for yours with a yota clip and sell me your old frame lol

Yeah right...
Did I sell you all those filler plates and stuff that I had from Grant? The other day I was trying to figure out who I sent them to. Well either way its good to know that you still have it. Its probably not worth anything as a shell so no reason to get rid of it other than for more room. Im going to build a whole new floor in mine once I get back to the truck, Id like to do a firewall, but Im just worried about having to mount the booster and pedal assembly and all afterwards
Old 09-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #466
Professional Insultant

User is: Online

cool reliant! (you don't get to say that too often lol)
Old 09-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #467
V8 with bags

My truck has gotten a shit ton of built stuff put onto over the last few months. Ive spent more time and welding wire on that frame than i care to think about. But build threads bring nit picking and bitching, i aint got time for that lol. SO i just randomly post snip its of what im doing in "your truck as it sits" and "first gen pics" threads.

But your right, very very few big extensive builds going on . Im glad to see this is back alive, i thought it got sold off
Old 09-05-2014, 01:25 AM   #468
sick & twisted

yeah i bought all that stuff of you dane. its sitting there, one day ill get to it. lol. ive been taking a little break from working on the car. i have some shit i need to do around the house first. going to put in bay this weekend, so no work to be done for a few days.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:55 AM   #469
Beams for the HATERS

I thought so. Cool deal man

I wanna see some work on this or the ranger bro
Old 09-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #470
sick & twisted

ive been working on this little by little. i actually did a good bit today. seats, front and rear, just have to be bolted down. trunk is about 1/2 way done. im making the center section hinge so i have access to everything if needed. ive also thought about saying screw it and weld everything solid. nothing should leak/have issues....but it would be no different than a truck with a bed with everything underneath
Old 09-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #471

Sweet build!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #472
sick & twisted

thanks man. ive really been working on this. not as much as id like, but work is so slow right now, so ive been doing alot at work. im really thinking about welding the trunk in solid. theres really no reason to get into it, and itll be a lot quicker and easier. i plan to pull the body off this weekend and roll the frame out to get the engine and some other shit complete on the frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.