SolsTen - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

SolsTen

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #51

Re: SolsTen

ive been subscribed!! we are all still watching and waiting for updates!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #52

User is: OffLine
Well that's two, thanks guys.

Gonna hold out on a big update but I did get some parts in, dual 444's, tank and manual valves. Waiting on poly ends to make motor mounts.

I will let this slip. The engine is mocked up on the frame and I've been working on chopping the body for the body drop. Any guesses to how low?

In Michigan for the week end so no real progress until next week. Next weekend should be epic tho! My parents, in-laws and sisters fiancé will be down. Gonna have some help in the garage!! And should get a very awesome delivery!! Hang in there this should pick up pretty quick!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #53

My father delivered my MMW parts yesterday. Uppers, lowers, no notch, watts link and my custom parallel 4-link Taylor helped design. Top notch work! Can't wait to get them installed!

Waiting on the upper gussets, and a few other parts but, I'll be able to start getting things mocked up. Definitely not enough time for all this work!!

Now the great debate. To the doors or rockers? My rockers are trashed so I'm leaning toward the doors, but I know that comes with issues.

Space I have rockered:

The hood touches when mocked up doored but there is 1/4 inch I can take out of the hood and 1/4 -1/2 I can lower the engine also.

So what do you think? Doored? Or rockers?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #54
We Bend Stainless

****in door it!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #55

Thanks Jay. Any more comments?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #56

Well i know you guys love pics so here are a few more of the MMW parts I bought.

With swaybar and shock mounts Included at no extra cost.

The watts and four link. Missing a few parts. Taylor let my father pick these up early to save on shipping.

So another question. I think my cross shaft is bent. How hard is it to put the uppers together? I had to give it a few good whacks with the dead blow and stopped because I didn't want to bend the arm. Hope I didn't mess it up.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #57

A lil mock up and trimming, alot more to do. Looks like this beast will be very closed to doored. Thanks to Sean doored454 for talking with me about the pros and cons. It will be very tight. The below pics are with the cab moved back. That's not gonna work. I plan on plating under the doors and maybe 1/8 or 1/4 from laying the doors. This will make it alot better than having to climb out the windows all the time, or get a remote.

Nothing like tuckin lug nut. 20's on 35 series rubber.

Those MMW arms are awesome!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #58
Hot Rod Enthusiast

Nice. Those arms look sick!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #59

Im liking where you are going with this. I love mmw. Great group of guys.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #60

Also check out the ecotec how to. Bagged83 and I have put alot of info in there.

Copied from there:
Solstice shifter linkage:

Shifter removed.

Shifter support removed.

linkage removed.

Underside of linkage.

I took it apart farther but didn't get photos. The shaft rides on two needle bearings, one in the front and one rear, It is drilled for the locating bolt for the cup. You could possibly get a half inch out of it, but I don't think the machine work would be worth it.

Not sure why originally it felt farther back, maybe I had the seat farther forward. The balancer is in line with the front skid, and the oil pan is even with the front of the crossmember. Just enough so when the steering swings it has clearance.

Here's how my fat azz looked in it I had the seat just barely resting on the back wall. I think it will be just right!!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #61

From the how to.

Quote: Originally Posted by bagged83dime
well hell it just makes good sence that if you already have the floor cut out that your gonna bodydrop it right? i mean it would lower your center of gravity to help that lil eco carve the corners
Great minds think similar?

I cut the floor out in sections, I cut the doghouse and firewall when I tried to fit the diesel. So that was the first pic up a few posts. I then bd'd it to the rockers, and cut the foot area out, but my rockers are shit. So I decided to try and take it to the doors. That's when the seat area came out. So now it's all mocked up. 3/16 above true doored all squared and the motor is set at a lesser angle to try to use the stock manifold. I realized I measured on the crown of the curve of the cover so if I rock the degree wheel to the left it says 10* and to the right it says 5* I believe I originally had it rocked to the left. So I will need to find another sol to measure but I think I can make the stock exhaust manifold work. and I'm pretty sure I am still safe within the designed installation tolerances.

Hydro booster (avalanche) will fit nice, and I can use the stock master, with s10rod, now I just need to find it lol.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #62

Well. I lowered the engine a bit and put the fenders on for one last check to make sure the engine would clear the hood. Looks good to me. Very close but sacrifices right?

Now for this weekends dreams.

-one last measure, square, angles check.
-front body mounts ruffed, rears are already
-ruff trans cross member started need to finish.
-ruff engine mounts.
-mock up the rear end for cab driveshaft tunnel.
-ruff the cab floor

Any one wanna come help? Could use all the help I could get!

The goal is August, it will be one hell of a feat!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #63
Gear Head

truck looks good. kinda bummed that the diesel didnt work out. but still looking forward to seeing the finished product
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #64

Yup goal is a bust. But I'm taking my time and doing it right.
Quick update, not too much progress. Finally got the right four link parts. Big mix up there.

4link. Bag is to the right. This was just for fun, full lift and past full compression.

I needed to mock up where to locate the axle (centered on the wheel well) so the tonneau is on jack stands and outer bed side is clamped to it. First is full lift second is middle height.

that's all for now.

I made the rookie mistake of grabbing a axle from a 4x4 jimmy. Yeah. Way too wide to fit under the bedsides. Going to have to get another.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
metal work at its finest

looks good homie.. need any parts/help hit me up...
Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #66

Well a little more progress on this turd. Got the four link in, watts in and the front end taken apart, clearanced and reassembled. Will have the rockers off and hopefully get the core support on it, and engine mounts next.

Some pics:

Pulled it out to sweep

This was just mocked up, shortened the tubes a little and got it working great!

Four link is set up to run 22's with a decent tire, not that it will fit under the bed side, but just incase. The bag brackets are just tacked in place for now. The pass side is closer to the pivot because I might try to run a shock off the front.

My poor man's cad of my watts, cardboard and wood screws. made a scale model to make sure it doesn't bind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #67
ELTC

diggin your link setup man this thing looks really cool. keep the updates coming
Subd
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #68

Thanks Gimp!!

Uploaded vids of my watts link going up and down. I set it up for 20"a but it should work with 22"s

http://youtu.be/m8Tc3wmzy3k

http://youtu.be/GDzKhZrliq0

Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #69

Rolled the truck out for a lil sun.

1/8 from doored. Opens and closes but there is plenty to drag on until I plate it.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #70
eco-ten

Lookin good ben, comin along great, i realy like what you did with the links. I dident realize u almost doored it. Keep it going im glad to see some progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.