S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Low and Blazin

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Rhotpursuit 
#1 ·
Hey s10 forum, I'm back! A friend of mine has lent me a laptop and now I can post here again. Here's the latest horse in my stable:

2005 Blazer 4.3L 5 speed manual 2WD 2 door in victory red exterior and black cloth interior. I purchased it in October of 2016 and it sat until April 2017. A friend of mine (also S series enthusiast) emailed me the craigslist ad for this truck and we both drooled at the possibility of owning such a compact utility vehicle. This blazer has seemingly no options, no roof racks, poweless doors, no rear window wiper, no rear defrost, no tilt, no nothin and with a manual, pretty cool. I didn't think anything of it, and about a month passed by and I found myself poking around the internet looking for a regular cab short bed 4.3L 5 speed 2WD pick up. I was unable to find a pick up that met my requirements, and I was a little bummed out. For the hell of it I called the small used car lot with the blazer, and they still had it! I stopped by the next day and test drove it. She'd been sitting a while, but with the exception of some light surface rust on the frame the truck is rust free. I handed the man a stack of hundreds and took her home. I did a little research, and it seems they stopped making blazers in 12/04 and this truck has a production date of 12/17/04, pretty neat.

First order of business when I got her home was to replace the leaking oil cooler lines and do an oil change.

This truck is going to have quite the stereo, so I added 20% tint on top of the factory 16% tint which lands me around 3% transparency. Also, this truck came with a clear (non-privacy, no tint) back glass so I swapped on a tinted back glass I sourced from a junk yard.

Every S series needs door pins...

Got her all ready for inspection with a new thermostat, radiator cap, and wiper blades. AC delco of course!

I want an OEM + theme for this build, so I sourced some C5 corvette front brakes and C6 corvette wheels. The wheels were plasti-dipped by their previous owner over the polished finish. I had them sand blasted and powder coated. The seller didn't include any center caps with the wheels, so I sourced some used silver original vette center caps off eBay. The brakes will be installed with the drop spindles at a later date.

sand blasted

powdered

The wheels measure 18x8.5 and 19x10, and I went with a 245/35/18 and 285/30/19 combo of Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. Man, does this thing look goofy on wide low pros with all that wheel gap!!!

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks for the follow man, but for the time being my social medias will be dormant until further notice. I'll update this thread though when necessary!

Tommy!! Good to see you're still in the s-series game. How you been? Can't wait to see this slammed.
I've been good Tim, and you? I've been super busy but I'm hoping to show this blazer some love and really enjoy it this summer.

#4 ·
Nice start, its gonna look good when its lowered

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Hell yeah

Nice too see you back here Tommy. I've been keeping up on the insta, but hopefully you can help bring life back to the forum. Looking good so far!
Thanks for your continued support and advice, I still have screen shots on my iPhone of us talking about electric fans haha

#15 ·
I installed a Gibson 14521 cat-back exhaust system on my 2005 Blazer yesterday, here's the result.

I am very unhappy with the result so far, so I'll be ditching the Gibson muffler in favor of something with more tone... stay tuned! I love building exhausts, I'm looking forward to cutting this up and making my own sound out of it.

#17 ·
Nice! I will probably make a point on visiting the forum more often just to see what you do with the Blazer. I've been keeping an eye out for a 5 speed blazer for a long time but have yet to stumble across one when I have also had the means to pick it up. Granted I have been looking more for a 4.3, 5 speed, 2 door, first gen, which have all just seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Oh and after partially vinyl wrapping my car a while back I flashed back to when you wrapped your old S10 and I finally truly understood what a pain in the ass it is.

#19 ·
I would have buffed my original tail lamps but they had hairline fractures in the lens, so new OEM it is

what a difference 12 years makes!

I've been driving the blazer a lot, man do I love the torque of the 4.3L engine. Also averaged 21 mpg over the last 2 tanks of gas, makes me wonder why people even bother driving 2.2L s series.

I have the parts to complete a tune up and to edit the exhaust, updates coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.